What's new

Ever have a .22 revolver not like certain ammo?

You can get Norma Tac .22 ammo directly from Norma for $5.20 per box of 50 when you buy it by the brick. Over $150 and it's free shipping.....A couple of weeks ago, they had it on sale for $4.70....I got an order in last week. It took about 5 days to get.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
My LGS has CCI standard Velocity for $4.99/ box (and you can get the same from CCI directly with free shipping on orders over $99.00) and Atwoods has it on sale for $3.99/box.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That’s the prices they were when I bought what I got now. I was unaware you could order ammo from CCI

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
1,000 rounds of CCI - 10 boxes of standard and 10 boxes of quiet for $120.50. Not bad. Standard in the semi-auto, quiet in the revolver and Henry repeater. Wham bam

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
What’s that website that tracks ammo? You can put in what caliber you want and it will continually update with all the best deals across various websites and stores. I forget the web address

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The sad part is about 4 years ago, I was buying CCI SV for $2.49 a box with free shipping if I bought a case.

Yeah I wasn’t lucky enough to get those prices when I got my supply. It was all about $4+ per 50. I remember 8 cents per round being a really good deal. During the height of the .22 shortage my dad bought me a box of 50 Federal Match (or something like that) for $25!~!. I asked for ammo and beef jerky for Christmas that year. I opened the wrapping and was like WOW, you found .22 ammo! Then when he told me the price he paid I said “holy crap!! Why did you do that!”.

Ammo Seek?

That might be it. Doesn’t look like it but its’ been a long time since I visited the site.

Well I got the Ruger sent off. Now I just wait. In the meantime I should get a call today to pick up the MKIV. And my Henry Golden Boy.

Gunbroker said the MK shipped last week 2 day air. So either today or tomorrow Im thinking. They didn’t give a tracking number so just gotta wait for the transfer place to call I reckon.
I’m jealous!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
1,000 rounds of CCI - 10 boxes of standard and 10 boxes of quiet for $120.50. Not bad. Standard in the semi-auto, quiet in the revolver and Henry repeater. Wham bam
Nice score! It baffles me that I can get (2) 50 round carboard boxes of Standard Velocity for $9.98 -OR- 100 rounds in the fancy plastic box for $11.99. The box isn't worth the extra 2 bucks!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nice score! It baffles me that I can get (2) 50 round carboard boxes of Standard Velocity for $9.98 -OR- 100 rounds in the fancy plastic box for $11.99. The box isn't worth the extra 2 bucks!
Plastic ain’t cheap anymore! :laugh:

It is if you're squeezing out the best accuracy form your .22lr.😉 Folks who are really serious mic the case rims & separate rounds by rim thickness, OAL, and sometimes weight. You'd be surprised what you can discover, getting into the nitty gritty.

I never went whole-hog, but did get a set of forming dies. I can standardize a couple of hundred rounds, listening to the stereo and tap-clacking with my dies & 4 oz. mallet

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Got the Wrangler back from Ruger today. They swapped out the cylinder and put a new firing pin on. Put 6 rounds of Thunderbolt through it….no issues at all. Put 6 rounds of Federal though it….no issues at all. Welp, seems I had a dud of a cylinder I’d say. What are the odds. So I’ll clean it real good, lube it up real good and bang bang bang ready to go.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Got the Wrangler back from Ruger today. They swapped out the cylinder and put a new firing pin on. Put 6 rounds of Thunderbolt through it….no issues at all. Put 6 rounds of Federal though it….no issues at all. Welp, seems I had a dud of a cylinder I’d say. What are the odds. So I’ll clean it real good, lube it up real good and bang bang bang ready to go.

Whatever you do, don’t dry fire it without dummy rounds. The firing pin won’t hit the hole of the cylinder because it isn’t a centerfire. It will hit the outer portions of the cylinder where the overlap of the .22 rim sits. Dry firing will peen the crap out of the pin.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I had just the opposite. 50 rounds were 4.99 a box. 100 rounds in the plastic were $8.99. So I bought another 500 rounds. A brick was $50.99. Thank goodness I can do math. I almost grabbed the brick until I started adding things up.

Top Bottom