What's new

Ever have a .22 revolver not like certain ammo?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When I got rid of all my non-22 rifles I gave away a whole bunch of dirty-thirty.
Sad that it's become so scarce, ammo.

At least where I am. At the Sam's club in Flint Michigan there was barely any MEAT in the coolers!

I might have to learn how to make like David vs. Goliath!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
You will never regret getting a quality single stage press, even if you later get a high-end progressive.

Those prices seem a bit steep, but versus not being able to find any .30 .30? Makes it sound like not too bad of a deal.

I’ll start shopping around for a single stage press. :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Sad that it's become so scarce, ammo.

At least where I am. At the Sam's club in Flint Michigan there was barely any MEAT in the coolers!

I might have to learn how to make like David vs. Goliath!
Yeah, but this was pre-covid and I just got the local LGS to give it to new shooters or folk that simply could use and enjoy it. There was also about a dozen boxes of 7.62/39. They still had the original price stickers on them, $3.50 each IIRC so had been sitting for awhile.

:c2: There IS plenty of 22 ammo on shelves at Wally. Plenty of 350 Legend, too, of course, even some 6.5 Creedmore, for some reason.

Gawd forbid they carry 32 ACP or 300 BO. :hips:

AA
I have been in northern Michigan camping with the fam. Normally you can find 30-06, 270, and 30-30 at gas stations in the backwoods. Now I see 6.5 cm more often(very overpriced of course). It must be a priority for ammo makers. Lots of really expensive 223 as well…. No 30-30 except for one box marked 59.99! Crazy. Folks must just be hoarding the lowly 30-30…. At some point it just has to start showing up.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have been in northern Michigan camping with the fam. Normally you can find 30-06, 270, and 30-30 at gas stations in the backwoods. Now I see 6.5 cm more often(very overpriced of course). It must be a priority for ammo makers. Lots of really expensive 223 as well…. No 30-30 except for one box marked 59.99! Crazy. Folks must just be hoarding the lowly 30-30…. At some point it just has to start showing up.

I have about 10 boxes of .30 .30 @ $30 each for a box of 20 rounds. So, 200 rounds for $300. Took me 3 years of constant searching to acquire those. :)

People buying up gold & silver and bullets. Will they all be used as currency?

While there seems that your revolver may have an issue, I have never been too be impressed with Remington Thunderbolt ammo. Federal and CCI should be GTG.
I have a Colt OMM 22 that is 70 years old, and it HATES Thunderbolt ammo! I’m guessing the rims are thicker than they should be. When closing the cylinder, it gets very tight. But Federal value packs from some years ago are just fine. And CCI always, always works flawlessly. A little more money, but I’m worth it!

Attachments

• DF6CD819-35AE-4DAE-ABEB-2BD6E92CD1A0.jpeg
    DF6CD819-35AE-4DAE-ABEB-2BD6E92CD1A0.jpeg
    968.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 1A3A4983-705A-4F38-A908-8DF0E7D600A6.jpeg
    1A3A4983-705A-4F38-A908-8DF0E7D600A6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a Colt OMM 22 that is 70 years old, and it HATES Thunderbolt ammo! I’m guessing the rims are thicker than they should be. When closing the cylinder, it gets very tight. But Federal value packs from some years ago are just fine. And CCI always, always works flawlessly. A little more money, but I’m worth it!
Yep, that Federal was some AWESOME stuff for me. I think I shot it all, but the new stuff is pretty too. That old stuff I had was over 40 years old! I think some of it was marked 69¢ on the label for 50 of them!

Lol, almost like "I wish a buck was still sliver" days!

Top Bottom