What's new

Etsy seller pressing for 5 stars.

I would respond as such.

Dear Sir or Madam,
At this juncture we gave 2 options.
You can except my 4 start rating and positive review and respond to this message with a heartfelt apology for trying to pressure me into a fifth start .
The alternative is I can give my honest account of your strong arm tactics every chance I can among wet shaving enthusiasts platforms.

Have a lovely Day.

FYI,
Never let a Bully see you blink. Hit first and hit hard, they always tuck their tails.

The vendor isn't being a bully, they're just trying to protect their ranking in a system that's actively trying to punish them.

A pass/fail on these more concrete measures makes more sense than a purely subjective scale where one customer thinks 4 stars is a pretty good rating and another thinks it's terrible.

At a certain workplace, supervisors ranked employees in multiple categories from 1-4, with 3 being "meets expectations" and 4 being "exceeds expectations." To me, if someone is exceeding expectations in multiple categories, that means the supervisors are setting expectations too low. If it happens year after year, why are you still underestimating that employee? The ideal outcome is setting the highest achievable expectations and having the employee meet them. In other words, a hard-earned 3. But the people who get 4s get raises, so that's the factor driving scores.
I just got done writing my employees' performance reviews; my company also uses a 4 point scale. But we have the opposite problem. A 1 is only used for an employee who has multiple written warnings and is on a performance improvement plan. In other words, someone you're going to get rid of. A 4 requires a bunch of additional documentation and generally means you should be promoting them within a year. But my employees are actually happy in their positions and don't want to be promoted (next step would be management).

So really the only scores I can give are 2 and 3, and 2 isn't guaranteed a merit increase* so for the sake of retention I'm pretty much stuck giving out only 3s. Depending on our merit increase budget I'll probably end up stack ranking them anyway. So the 4 point scale is rendered meaningless.

*less than the cost of living for the past 15 years.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I realized the uselessness of thr star system shopping on Amazon. I bought several highly rated products that were very flawed. For me, what works better is just looking through the negative reviews to check for patterns.

The best reviews to read when looking to buy some thing on Amazon are the 1 stars lol. As you mention it shows patterns, but it also show me the worst case scenario for the product I buy. If I can live with the worst cast I take my chance. If I can’t I move on.

Most recently was looking for a temporary gun cabinet/safe on Amazon. The worst 1 star had pics showing how the pivot on the safe door was spot welded and it snapped off in shipping. Hard pass.

The best reviews to read when looking to buy some thing on Amazon are the 1 stars lol. As you mention it shows patterns, but it also show me the worst case scenario for the product I buy. If I can live with the worst cast I take my chance. If I can’t I move on.

Most recently was looking for a temporary gun cabinet/safe on Amazon. The worst 1 star had pics showing how the pivot on the safe door was spot welded and it snapped off in shipping. Hard pass.
there is a guy on the tube who picks locks ands safes (the lock picking lawyer). most of the "recommended" or "amazon's choice" safes can be opened with a piece of redbull can :D

Top Bottom