What's new

EPSILON BLUE MEDITERRANEAN

I’m glad to hear that the Epsilon is so similar to FB. I have been nursing my bottle for the past few months as I am almost out.

To answer a prior question from earlier, B&M Cool does smell similar to FB, but it is a tad stronger and is a little spicier to my nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you have. Pics are a bit lousy (lousy phone camera) but I thought I'd post them this way so we can read the ingredients...

First, Epsilon; then Floid Blue.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So.. it seems they are very similar... some names don't appear in the new AS (sorry, I am not a scientist..), as the FB seems to have more ingredients...

Anyway, as I said before, they are quite similar, not the same, but I am happy with the newcomer!

Thanks so much for this!

Hi guys,

I received my samples of Epsilon Mediterranean Blue half an hour ago. It's not a dead ringer, but if you like Floid Blue, you will also like this one. The scent is fresh, blue, masculine and shares the same dna with Floid Blue. It's a little bit more on the menthol side, but in a good way. It's not like Proraso Green, if that's too harsh for some people.

I like it better than my Spanish Aqua Velva and my original sample of Floid Blue (due to more menthol in Epsilon). I will buy a bottle no doubt. It's the best Floid Blue imitation I have smelled.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• 20180421_143636.jpg
    20180421_143636.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 20180421_143642.jpg
    20180421_143642.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I received my samples of Epsilon Mediterranean Blue half an hour ago. It's not a dead ringer, but if you like Floid Blue, you will also like this one. The scent is fresh, blue, masculine and shares the same dna with Floid Blue. It's a little bit more on the menthol side, but in a good way. It's not like Proraso Green, if that's too harsh for some people.

I like it better than my Spanish Aqua Velva and my original sample of Floid Blue (due to more menthol in Epsilon). I will buy a bottle no doubt. It's the best Floid Blue imitation I have smelled.

Here are some pictures:

Excellent, thanks!

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I just received my sample of Epsilon Blue Medditerainian in the mail today and I like it. It is very close to Floid Blue, but there is an earthy note to it that I don't recall Floid Blue havi g. I won't stop using it because of this. Like I said it is very close to Floid Blue. I'll probably get another sample after I use this one up.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Someone posted earlier that it had a herbal note to it. I did pick that up when I first sprayed it on. I think it has a masculine, mature, and confident smell to it. I don't know why, but I think Robert DeNero when I smell this. I just think this would go well with his persona.

I got my sample today and it smells like ocean- themed liquid hand soap with menthol. I don't get any powder or Aqua Velva. I like it a little more than the Myrsol Blue I've been testing. I need to use all of it up before I decide if I'll buy a whole bottle. For such a large size, I want to like using it all the time or a good part of the time. I don't take out an aftershave for special occasions.

I just received my sample of Epsilon Blue Medditerainian in the mail today and I like it. It is very close to Floid Blue, but there is an earthy note to it that I don't recall Floid Blue havi g. I won't stop using it because of this. Like I said it is very close to Floid Blue. I'll probably get another sample after I use this one up.

Agree. Waht you call an earthy note is, I suppose, what my enducated nose thinks is a drier final note? Anyway, very nice!

Someone posted earlier that it had a herbal note to it. I did pick that up when I first sprayed it on. I think it has a masculine, mature, and confident smell to it. I don't know why, but I think Robert DeNero when I smell this. I just think this would go well with his persona.

:001_smile

I got my sample today and it smells like ocean- themed liquid hand soap with menthol. I don't get any powder or Aqua Velva. I like it a little more than the Myrsol Blue I've been testing. I need to use all of it up before I decide if I'll buy a whole bottle. For such a large size, I want to like using it all the time or a good part of the time. I don't take out an aftershave for special occasions.

It's been ages since I last used AV... I think FB is/was more subtle... Have never tried Myrsol either.

Ordered and just received my bottle of Epsilon Blue Mediterranean from West Coast Shaving. First blue aftershave. Going to shave and try it tonight.

Last edited:
Epsilon Blue now comes in a smaller bottle (100ml). I've never been able to get Floid Blue at what I would consider a reasonable price, and people that have some are getting more and more for it. I do have some Reserve Cool and I like it, so I'll be comparing the Epsilon to that.

To answer a prior question from earlier, B&M Cool does smell similar to FB, but it is a tad stronger and is a little spicier to my nose.
Barristers Reserve Cool is stronger than Epsilon Blue, too. Also, while they smell very similar in the bottle, they are different after dry down. Reserve stays the same as when wet, while Epsilon Blue drys down to a more aquatic and powdery scent, which is how some have described Floid Blue. I would say Epsilon has a bit more longevity. As for performance, Reserve has more menthol cooling effect, but I like the skin feel of Epsilon better. Reserve has more oil that will actually sit on top when it has been sitting. You really need to shake it up before using. Epsilon is lighter and cleaner feeling. The after shave skin feel from Epsilon reminds me of Floid Vigoroso, which is the only Floid I have used and my guess is that all Floid products have similar performance. My skin feels very soft and smooth, and a little bit moisturized after using it. I am impressed. Hopefully someday I can score some Floid Blue to compare, but if not, this will do.

Top Bottom