What's new

EPSILON BLUE MEDITERRANEAN

Barristers Reserve Cool is stronger than Epsilon Blue, too. Also, while they smell very similar in the bottle, they are different after dry down. Reserve stays the same as when wet, while Epsilon Blue drys down to a more aquatic and powdery scent, which is how some have described Floid Blue. I would say Epsilon has a bit more longevity. As for performance, Reserve has more menthol cooling effect, but I like the skin feel of Epsilon better. Reserve has more oil that will actually sit on top when it has been sitting. You really need to shake it up before using. Epsilon is lighter and cleaner feeling. The after shave skin feel from Epsilon reminds me of Floid Vigoroso, which is the only Floid I have used and my guess is that all Floid products have similar performance. My skin feels very soft and smooth, and a little bit moisturized after using it. I am impressed. Hopefully someday I can score some Floid Blue to compare, but if not, this will do.

+1 to all said. Completely concur with this great description of the B&M Cool and the Epsilon.

The B&M Cool is the most advanced, complex scent I have ever smelled. Love it.

Just got Epsilon Blue - love it. Not as strong/long lasting as the Furbo Vintage Blu but very nice indeed.

I like it too. Not as much as Floid Blue but quite a lot... My wife does prefer Epsilon, so... I'm thinking I should sell a full bottle of FB I still have... might make big money...:001_rolle

I have been using FLoid Blue for years. Tried a sample of the Epsilon and there was something difficult to describe that I found odd about the scent. Floyd is irreplaceable.

I like it too. Not as much as Floid Blue but quite a lot... My wife does prefer Epsilon, so... I'm thinking I should sell a full bottle of FB I still have... might make big money...:001_rolle
On ebay almost everyone is getting well over a hundred. There's one seller in Span that is around $95. I really would like to try the stuff, but that is way too rich for me. It's a big bottle so for some it is probably reasonable, but my sad finances can't handle it.

Was wanting to try Floid blue as well, but couldn't justify paying the price they are asking for it. So I bought a bottle of Epsilon. At first I wasn't sure about the scent. Thought the scent was just ok. But I liked the way my face felt afterwards. Since using it a few more times I really started to like it's scent. Now it's probably become my favorite aftershave in my den. I use it about every other time I shave.

Was wanting to try Floid blue as well, but couldn't justify paying the price they are asking for it. So I bought a bottle of Epsilon. At first I wasn't sure about the scent. Thought the scent was just ok. But I liked the way my face felt afterwards. Since using it a few more times I really started to like it's scent. Now it's probably become my favorite aftershave in my den. I use it about every other time I shave.

Yeah, it's one of my favourite AS.

+1. I want some blue, but not at $100 per bottle, and I too am using the Epsilon more than I thought I would. Face feel is excellent and the scent is very good while it lasts.

Do anyone here have any clue as to why the Floïd blue was discontinued...?

I have encountered "talk" about the Floïd blue many different places on the web, it seems to have achieved almost legendary status.

I am a huge fan of both Floïd "Vigoroso" and "Genuine" ... I have the Epsilon blue, which I really like too, but I would love to try the real deal ...

Why would a company want to discontinue an aftershave like that..?

+1. I want some blue, but not at $100 per bottle, and I too am using the Epsilon more than I thought I would. Face feel is excellent and the scent is very good while it lasts.
Wow! This thread is back. I finally landed some Floid Blue. I had to pay $100 for two bottles. That's the way the owner wanted to sell them. Both were unopened and I then unloaded one for $60, so I paid $40 for a big bottle of the stuff. It is really outstanding, but the Epsilon Blue Med is right there. My wife rarely compliments my aftershaves, but she said she loved what I was wearing one day and I had just put on the Epsilon. I find it to be very close to Floid, but a little stronger.

Top Bottom