What's new

EPSILON BLUE MEDITERRANEAN

Yesterday I was delivered the Epsilon Blue Mediterranean I had ordered from Yourshaving .... you know it is the new try from the guys at Gifts & Care to honour the discontinued Floid Blue... that wonderful concoction...

... and I got it just in time...

proxy.php

Obviously, the bottles are different. Can't you see it?

Now better... right?

proxy.php

Floid's looks classier to me. It's a distinctive and vintage-like one. I definitely like it. Epsilon's is a decent, simple bottle. Not special, nor ugly. A decent and useful bottle.

Obviously, Floid's is smaller (400 ml) than Epsilon's (500 ml).

The smell.

That was probably the most important characteristic for me... Is it like Floid Blue's legendary, revered scent? Oceanic, fresh, smooth?

Well, I have to say it's very, very, very similar to the original one. Maybe Floid is 'smoother', 'classier' again, but it definitely does it! To my uneducated nose there's a final 'herb' note which makes it attractive... and differentiates it from Floid. Does it remind me of Aqua Velva? Maybe... yet the last time I used it was some thirty years ago...

All in all, I can say I like its scent.

Skin protection.

Yes, after all, this is an AS, innit? And I must say it is very good... proper alcohol based lotion, fresh and protective. My skin felt very nice this morning and still does +12 hours later. Not greasy, not overpowering, you get some menthol? Very, very nice.

And... just €17.95... What's not to like?!

Definitely it is going to join my stash. It is not THE original Floid Blue, obviously, but it is QUITE similar and a VERY NICE lotion anyhow which will help me to 'scratch the itch'. They've done a good job, yes.

Hope this helps, gentlemen...

Lately I have ordered 3 different orders from them and have yet to receive one, first one in Dec 2017 I am I the only one.

I found Razorock Blue Barber to be quite similar to Floïd Blue.
I know everyone’s sense of smell is different but this reminds me of the old argument over the color of that dress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That's not good. Have you informed them? Is it a custom issue?
Yes they know about it, not sure what the issue is as I have tracking numbers but no delivery. The tracking just shows it left the originating country, but nothing after that. They have reshipped one order 25 days ago and it is in the same state, limbo.

I think Spanish postal regulations are the same as ours, so you can probably get whatever you want if you pay extra and ship by FEDEX or UPS ,private carriers will ship aftershaves.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Glad you found an alternative, JM! I wish I could use splashes. My skin is just to dry and sensitive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yesterday I was delivered the Epsilon Blue Mediterranean I had ordered from Yourshaving .... you know it is the new try from the guys at Gifts & Care to honour the discontinued Floid Blue... that wonderful concoction...

... and I got it just in time...

proxy.php

Obviously, the bottles are different. Can't you see it?

Now better... right?

proxy.php

Floid's looks classier to me. It's a distinctive and vintage-like one. I definitely like it. Epsilon's is a decent, simple bottle. Not special, nor ugly. A decent and useful bottle.

Obviously, Floid's is smaller (400 ml) than Epsilon's (500 ml).

The smell.

That was probably the most important characteristic for me... Is it like Floid Blue's legendary, revered scent? Oceanic, fresh, smooth?

Well, I have to say it's very, very, very similar to the original one. Maybe Floid is 'smoother', 'classier' again, but it definitely does it! To my uneducated nose there's a final 'herb' note which makes it attractive... and differentiates it from Floid. Does it remind me of Aqua Velva? Maybe... yet the last time I used it was some thirty years ago...

All in all, I can say I like its scent.

Skin protection.

Yes, after all, this is an AS, innit? And I must say it is very good... proper alcohol based lotion, fresh and protective. My skin felt very nice this morning and still does +12 hours later. Not greasy, not overpowering, you get some menthol? Very, very nice.

And... just €17.95... What's not to like?!

Definitely it is going to join my stash. It is not THE original Floid Blue, obviously, but it is QUITE similar and a VERY NICE lotion anyhow which will help me to 'scratch the itch'. They've done a good job, yes.

Hope this helps, gentlemen...
Since it appears you've got the two bottles side by side can you list the ingredients, or tell us what's different. Floid Blue not only smells good it always seems to work better than most splashes on my face.

Since it appears you've got the two bottles side by side can you list the ingredients, or tell us what's different. Floid Blue not only smells good it always seems to work better than most splashes on my face.

Sorry for the late response, yesterday I was travelling.

I'll post a comparison pic asap.

Here you have. Pics are a bit lousy (lousy phone camera) but I thought I'd post them this way so we can read the ingredients...

First, Epsilon; then Floid Blue.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So.. it seems they are very similar... some names don't appear in the new AS (sorry, I am not a scientist..), as the FB seems to have more ingredients...

Anyway, as I said before, they are quite similar, not the same, but I am happy with the newcomer!

Last edited:
Top Bottom