What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I've just completed another TruStone and resin mix. This brush has just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

TruStone and Resin (26mm)
11555a.jpg
11555e.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Not to be an enabler, but Bob also has a handle on the website made completely of Lapis. (REAL Lapis). It is in the stone brushes section.
Thanks! I'm unclear if it is Lapis or Trustone which is crushed ore, pigmented and stabilized in resin rather than Lapis, but it is beautiful.
I'm thinking it over.

Thanks! I'm unclear if it is Lapis or Trustone which is crushed ore, pigmented and stabilized in resin rather than Lapis, but it is beautiful.
I'm thinking it over.
It's Trustone. From the description: "This is a handcrafted TruStone handle by Robert Quinn from Blue Lapis."

I can confirm that it looks and feels just like the real thing, though (I don't remember the percentage of raw ore they use but I think it's pretty high).
20240103_070833.jpg

It's Trustone. From the description: "This is a handcrafted TruStone handle by Robert Quinn from Blue Lapis."

I can confirm that it looks and feels just like the real thing, though (I don't remember the percentage of raw ore they use but I think it's pretty high).
View attachment 1775550
I have two of Bob’s stone brushes (HMW knots in Jade and Larimar) and they are amazing. I dropped one on my tile floor and amazingly it didn’t get even a scratch. 😱

Thanks for the kind words.

I did work in natural stone many years ago and found that it was very expensive in the size required for a brush handle and not very durable in a wet shaving environment. When I came across TruStone and compared it against the natural stone, it was difficult to find a difference in the look and feel (heft).

I found the three primary advantages to using TruStone are:
1) The cost is a fraction of natural stone
2) The small fissures and cracks that exist in natural stone are eliminated
3) The resin bonding agent provides and almost "tacky" feel when wet making it much more conducive to use in wet shaving.

Bob

Not to be an enabler, but Bob also has a handle on the website made completely of Lapis. (REAL Lapis). It is in the stone brushes section.
I apologize if I made anyone think that Bob was offering something that he was not. I should have researched Trustone before commenting.

I will be out of the shop from March 4th until probably early June, when I hope to get back to behind the lathe.

There are quite a few excellent handles on my site and they will be available at 25% off until March 1st. Just enter Sale25 at check-out.

Thanks, Bob

I will be out of the shop from March 4th until probably early June, when I hope to get back to behind the lathe.

There are quite a few excellent handles on my site and they will be available at 25% off until March 1st. Just enter Sale25 at check-out.

Thanks, Bob
Thanks Sir, you have one less desert ironwood handle in stock now!

Top Bottom