What's new

Edwin Jagger teasing new Razor

Thanks for that information Marlor, I have seen EJ's tweet and wondered what had happened. Found the offer down the side of the KOS stick offer. At that price, without any guarentee of delivery, no specs, weight, gap, blade forward, I think I will wait till this razor comes out and starts getting reviewed. Have had mixed experiences with Indiegogo in the past, saving the money isn't worth the risk of endless delays, or getting I razor I wouldn't order if I had its specs and read some reviews. If anyone orders, good luck and if you get the razor please let us know what you think of it.

Thanks for that information Marlor, I have seen EJ's tweet and wondered what had happened. Found the offer down the side of the KOS stick offer. At that price, without any guarentee of delivery, no specs, weight, gap, blade forward, I think I will wait till this razor comes out and starts getting reviewed. Have had mixed experiences with Indiegogo in the past, saving the money isn't worth the risk of endless delays, or getting I razor I wouldn't order if I had its specs and read some reviews. If anyone orders, good luck and if you get the razor please let us know what you think of it.
That, and the fact that the black looks tacky as heck.

That, and the fact that the black looks tacky as heck.
That +1
Also MOMV (My opinion may vary), but the idea of selling "infinitely refillable" one-coloured one-scented shaving products to a group of shaving enthusiasts/hoarders by breed (and supposedly then living by that code of ethics) would make this forum a very boring place in the future :a2:

FWIW. If I read the info correctly they are very far from their subscriber number and dollar amount, and signup closes less than 2 weeks. I also did not like the razor color. In this case, even though I expect I will get this razor, I really think patience is a virtue.

I found the Code Zero Razor, where the text on Indiegogo references EJ 3ONE6, but that picture doesn’t look at all like an EJ to me. I think it more resembles a Futur Razor, with Snap on function...
Perhaps someone has already commented on this.

Attachments

• 214AF6A3-3326-46BF-B9D7-DCEB5262268C.jpeg
    214AF6A3-3326-46BF-B9D7-DCEB5262268C.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 22
I found the Code Zero Razor, where the text on Indiegogo references EJ 3ONE6, but that picture doesn’t look at all like an EJ to me. I think it more resembles a Futur Razor, with Snap on function...
Perhaps someone has already commented on this.
I did not notice this, a second look seems to support your view but hard for me to be sure, the picture is so uninformative. Not sure what the handle looks like, what material, knurled or smooth, length or weight. Edwin Jagger on Twitter pictures several different types of handles they will be offering. The Rockwell Razor Indiegogo projects gave pretty complete information and loads of pictures/videos about their razors. This seems almost like a throw away or unserious offer. I will definitlely wait If I do order one it will be direct for Edwin Jagger

I did not notice this, a second look seems to support your view but hard for me to be sure, the picture is so uninformative. Not sure what the handle looks like, what material, knurled or smooth, length or weight. Edwin Jagger on Twitter pictures several different types of handles they will be offering. The Rockwell Razor Indiegogo projects gave pretty complete information and loads of pictures/videos about their razors. This seems almost like a throw away or unserious offer. I will definitlely wait If I do order one it will be direct for Edwin Jagger
You’re right, incomplete info makes me hear alarm bells ringing (way louder than my tinnitus, from firing too many weapons without earprotection):2guns:

Last edited:
What I d not understand, maybe because I am not a marketing expert, is why Edwin Jagger started teasing the new razor on twitter mid march, last tweeted about it a month ago and is now silent. An email to their customer service got no information. Do they think they are building interest? Did they have a problem in their supply chain, quality, delivery? Did they undover a design issue late in the process of bringing this to market? To me it seems an ineffective strategy to introduce a new product, but I am far from expert in this area. Does anyone have any ideas.

For whatever reason it seems a little unprofessional.
It could be that they think like you say, they are trying to build interest (and a holy grail cult before release) and that sales will then explode. But, to me it seems very strange to run a teasing ”very soon” campaign, and then go silent.
I would have bought it instantly, but now it kind of makes my interest fade a bit.
(Hoping management at EJ will read this and make an instant release so I can buy it sooner than later):001_tongu

For whatever reason it seems a little unprofessional.
It could be that they think like you say, they are trying to build interest (and a holy grail cult before release) and that sales will then explode. But, to me it seems very strange to run a teasing ”very soon” campaign, and then go silent.
I would have bought it instantly, but now it kind of makes my interest fade a bit.
(Hoping management at EJ will read this and make an instant release so I can buy it sooner than later):001_tongu
Agree, hopefully they follow Badger and Blade !!

At what point do we begin to see this as another Apple Airpower ....... that was announced and coming any moment for about 18 months before Apple admitted it was dead. I like the look of this razor, have wanted a stainless DE89 for a long time, so I hope that is not what is going to happen here.

branford - thanks for the video, looks like a great razor, sounds like Kensurfs got a great shave. I am getting more excited and more frustrated waiting to hear more.

Top Bottom