What's new

EBRO Bummer

I finally got ahold of an EBRO at a good price. The blade needed lots of cleanup, but I had time available. As I stripped of the layers of gunk I found some rather deep scratches. Out came the sandpaper and I went at it. As the blade started to look good, I noticed one scratch that wasn't coming out. And then I realized ... The blade is cracked.
IMG_20190720_133427-01.jpeg

Win some, lose some ...

Oh yes I had that happen to me, and when you see them cracks your heart just seems to sink because they have been masked by gunk and what not...

There is a guy on a German forum who glues cracks with CA.

Seems to work for him!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Has anyone else tried gluing cracks with CA? Any tips or pointers if you have. I had a very similar experience to the OP recently after doing some coarse sandpaper work on a Boker Unrivalled. It was quite rusty and discolored and after I was finished it looked great and then I saw the crack. Anyway, if I could save it that would be awesome. I will probably just go for it anyway. Nothing to lose and I didn't spend much on the razor anyway.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Has anyone else tried gluing cracks with CA? Any tips or pointers if you have. I had a very similar experience to the OP recently after doing some coarse sandpaper work on a Boker Unrivalled. It was quite rusty and discolored and after I was finished it looked great and then I saw the crack. Anyway, if I could save it that would be awesome. I will probably just go for it anyway. Nothing to lose and I didn't spend much on the razor anyway.

Sent you a message

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Nothing to lose. But me, I have too many razors to try glueing a cracked one. Do it like you feel it.

Top Bottom