What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

Here is a very unusual Barbasol OC. $227.50
Who landed this one?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BAR...PvpzMjRWX0wV82pnHKAzw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$Barbie OC.jpg

Ok, so I had been watching this razor for over a week with little or no other interested parties (I was 1 of only 3) when someone posted about it before it sold. I was hoping to sneak of with this for @ $100, that day 12 more watchers joined. Having missed out on the last 2 Barbasol rasors I bid on (a non floating head and the other one like this but differant handle) it became apparent that if I was going to put a collection of Barasol razors together I was going to have to start throwing up some stupid high bids. I guess that's just the way it is some times in life.

Ok, so I had been watching this razor for over a week with little or no other interested parties (I was 1 of only 3) when someone posted about it before it sold. I was hoping to sneak of with this for @ $100, that day 12 more watchers joined.
It is against the forum rules to post "live" auctions. If you should notice that in the future report post to the mods!
Good luck!

for the mods: is it against the rules to discuss an item (that is currently available on ebay without posting a link or price, etc.?) this seems to be a grey area from what I have experienced in my short time here. posting a link to a completed auction then discussing it doesn't seem all that different to me. please advise.

Not a Mod, but I think the TOU are always a useful source of info when in doubt:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Terms_Of_Usage

6. To prevent abusive advertisement, no member shall direct other members, either through direct hotlink or indirectly through comments or other means, to any live e-Bay auctions or other auction sites.

Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay sale is strictly a "buy it now" sale with no option available to place a bid, or is contained within an e-Bay storefront.

I would think it would depend on the rarity of the item. A Gillette Slim is one thing. But a barbasol razor, which a quick search may reveal only a few? To me, that's the same thing as posting a link. I would be very upset to lose an auction in this manner.

The difference between that and posting expired auctions is that no one can snipe you from a completed auction.

I would think it would depend on the rarity of the item. A Gillette Slim is one thing. But a barbasol razor, which a quick search may reveal only a few? To me, that's the same thing as posting a link. I would be very upset to lose an auction in this manner.

The difference between that and posting expired auctions is that no one can snipe you from a completed auction.

I agree. They can also now search the item and snipe the next auction when the seller lists another "rare" one of the exact same kind.

Not a Mod, but I think the TOU are always a useful source of info when in doubt:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Terms_Of_Usage

6. To prevent abusive advertisement, no member shall direct other members, either through direct hotlink or indirectly through comments or other means, to any live e-Bay auctions or other auction sites.

Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay sale is strictly a "buy it now" sale with no option available to place a bid, or is contained within an e-Bay storefront.

I understand the written rule Edgar.

I understand the written rule Edgar.

I know you do Steve. But look what happened with that Barbasol the other day.

Someone started a thread (can't remember who) including only one link to a picture. IMO, until this point everything was fine, as nobody knew it was an eBay auction going on at that moment, well I didn't know at least ...

The problem was that a couple of members commented, saying they had seen the listing, etc ... The thread was deleted but too late ... a bunch of people were already watching and the price went through the roof. We don't know if it happened because of that thread though.

If you ask me, I think it's insane to go on eBay and pay $300 or $400 for those razors. More will be made, if you can't get one now, that's not a big deal IMO.
You will eventually get one from Joe, and save hundreds of dollars. Just my opinion anyway.

Link to auction was not posted. they posted a picture of item and said they saw it on Ebay. I tink a mod must have taken it down a couple days later because I no longer see the post.

Link to auction was not posted. they posted a picture of item and said they saw it on Ebay. I tink a mod must have taken it down a couple days later because I no longer see the post.

It was taken down shortly after people started to comment on the listing.

Ok, so I had been watching this razor for over a week with little or no other interested parties (I was 1 of only 3) when someone posted about it before it sold. I was hoping to sneak of with this for @ $100, that day 12 more watchers joined. Having missed out on the last 2 Barbasol rasors I bid on (a non floating head and the other one like this but differant handle) it became apparent that if I was going to put a collection of Barasol razors together I was going to have to start throwing up some stupid high bids. I guess that's just the way it is some times in life.

This one would have jumped up at the last anyway, as the snipers all come in with less than a minute to go. "Stupid high bids" are the way the game is played, usually with less than 15 seconds left to go. You can bet that the actual winning bid was much higher than the $227.50 that won. The top bid only shows that someone was willing to go higher than the $225 that was bid in second place. Third place was $131, all three of those bids went in with less than 10 seconds to go.

Not much consolation, I know, but that razor was never going to go for $100, where it hung for the last day before completion.

The TOU is clear, so please no links, hints, discussion, questions about an auction that is not yet completed. Title of the thread includes "recent sales", which means "recently completed sales."

Last edited:
Hi guys, I enjoy reading through this thread as my interest in vintage razors has been increasing the past few months. As i've started looking at ebay listings I've started to be able to recognize some listings that are incorrect. What do you guys do when you see listings that are wrong ie: mismatched case and razor, or just the wrong information? I know some of these would be accidental mistakes but I'm sure some are also sneaky to lure unsuspecting buying.

This is one of the best deals I've ever seen on ebay! I'm surprised, but I think it's the description that put away the potential bidders.

Top Bottom