What's new

Ebay advice

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you & your families. Just sold off a vintage razor on Ebay yesterday as an auction; however, I have not received payment from the buyer. I have never had that problem. I usually get paid withing 2-3 hours if not sooner once I sell an item.

I messaged the buyer this morning and no response. This person has been actively bidding in my auction for a week. I am not sure what to do. So....I hope to gain some valuable advice from my fellow B&B gents. Thanks in advance.

WARHAWK

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you & your families. Just sold off a vintage razor on Ebay yesterday as an auction; however, I have not received payment from the buyer. I have never had that problem. I usually get paid withing 2-3 hours if not sooner once I sell an item.

I messaged the buyer this morning and no response. This person has been actively bidding in my auction for a week. I am not sure what to do. So....I hope to gain some valuable advice from my fellow B&B gents. Thanks in advance.

WARHAWK

i think you should give the buyer a few days to make payment. some people are just really laid back and do everything rather slowly. if you aren't able to make contact at all after that i would suggest notifying ebay for assistance.

If he has good feedback, I'd relax and maybe reach out to him after 24 hours. Sometimes people are traveling or have an unexpected event like a family emergency. If he doesn't come through, you can always offer to cover bidder or re-list. I hate to have stuff like this hanging out, but at ths point, you're not out anything and if he doesn't complete, eBay will refund your fee.

Good luck.

I am not sure how it works exactly, or how much time should you wait. But I would wait two or three days ( 48-72 hours seems reasonable) and if nothing happens, I would open a case for payment not received.

Unless of course the buyer responds and both of you make some sort of agreement. Without any reply from him, I would wait 72 hours at most, before opening a case.

Another advice, after seeing BSA's post, which is good advice but ... DO NOT relist the razor until this case is solved and closed.

I've had this happen. Sometimes they will ake a few days to pay, other times once you get eBay involved they will claim their kid was on the computer and bid on the item by "accident". If they don't pay make sure you get your seller fees back from eBay.

Does EBay have a policy in place for this? If you didn't specify a time frame by which payment was due I suspect that you'd revert to whatever guidelines EBay has in place.

If the buyer has a high rating I'd suspect that something pulled them away from their computer for a little while and that the sale is still going to complete.

Good luck,

I bid on Ebay, not alot mind you but sometimes I get on a roll and as stated if they have good feedback relax as I am sure they won't back out but if they do Ebay allows you to file a claim for non payment and refund the selling fee.

I'm not an eBay regular; but I've made a few purchases via that site. Each time, I paid immediately and was thanked profusely by the vendor for such prompt payment. It made me wonder if delaying payment was the "norm".

I'm not an eBay regular; but I've made a few purchases via that site. Each time, I paid immediately and was thanked profusely by the vendor for such prompt payment. It made me wonder if delaying payment was the "norm".

I do this as well and get things like "lightning fast payment" in the feedback. It makes me wonder what the average payment time is.

I see a lot of sellers list payment in 72 hours after auction close (or re-list and report). I have to confess I was slow one time when I had a bunch of work stuff happening and my hours were crazy. Generally I'm within 1 hour or at worst overnight. Don't ship till you have cash in hand.

This happened to me recently. Your mind goes through every bad scenario possible. After 3 days, I sent the buyer a note trough eBay messages congratulating the buyer for winning the item and stating that it was now time to pay for the item so that It could be shipped promptly. Payment was made within 10 minutes of the message being sent. People react differently. I once had a person take 6 days to contact me with their mailing address after they won a PIF.

I had once just paid all my bills, but saw a very rare razor I just had to have. I wasn't able to pay for 3 days after the auction closed, however. I did notify the seller in advance, and in return they got more money. I would wait at least 3 days before getting too concerned.

In my experience 72h is a minimum I would give anybody with a decent feedback rating to at least initiate contact.

Please don't forget, there are many situations in life during which Ebay is definitely not on the top of your priority list and there are still situations and places where you simply don't have an internet connection - or you don't want to use your passwords on an open network.

If the buyer hasn't at least contacted you after ~72h, just open an Ebay case and get your fees back.

Good luck!

Top Bottom