So the list of "coming" includes

Whitebar
Richmondesi
chfair
taprater
sol92258
Soapbox
SmoovD

I've taken the liberty of adding Whitebar & Soapbox based on personal conversations (Whitebar may have other obligations but will make it if he can)

I'll start PMing others that had expressed interest in coming earlier if I don't hear anything soon.

Paul, I'm afraid I'm in the same boat with Whitebar... I've got other obligations that day that I really can't get out of. Otherwise, I'd be there with a BBS shave on. :smile:

There's a reasonable chance that the holiday bazaars in the N Dallas / Plano / Richardson area on Nov 7 will sufficiently distract my wife so that if I say, "Honey, I'm going to grab a bite to eat with some of the guys", she won't press me with, "Where, when, who, etc.?".

I know it sounds like wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened.

Anyhow, if the stars align properly, I'd like to join up with y'all. I won't be able to make a firm commitment until the middle of next week.

Is anyone planning to bring anything neat to show off or to swap?

Regards,

There's a reasonable chance that the holiday bazaars in the N Dallas / Plano / Richardson area on Nov 7 will sufficiently distract my wife so that if I say, "Honey, I'm going to grab a bite to eat with some of the guys", she won't press me with, "Where, when, who, etc.?".

I know it sounds like wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened.

Anyhow, if the stars align properly, I'd like to join up with y'all. I won't be able to make a firm commitment until the middle of next week.

Is anyone planning to bring anything neat to show off or to swap?

Regards,

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm going to bring some straight razors and hones. MParker762 mentioned something about doing the same, but I'm not certain if he'll be able to make it. I'll also bring a mess of soaps and creams that will be available to trade if anyone's interested.

I hope you can make it

dang, just as I had feared...

higher priority engagements have come up, and I won't be able to make it Saturday...I had my hopes up that this would not happen, but somehow knew it would :frown:

sorry guys :blushing:

dang, just as I had feared...

higher priority engagements have come up, and I won't be able to make it Saturday...I had my hopes up that this would not happen, but somehow knew it would :frown:

sorry guys :blushing:

Yeah, Jim. I've got to make Cullen Baker Fair this year. :rolleyes:

BTW, Mercado's doesn't do reservations (no exceptions... not even for free shaving gear :eek:)

So, We have to ask the first person there to go get us a seat (which the manager assured me wouldn't be a problem). He said they don't really get going until about 1:30 or so on Saturday

Still planning on attending but I am afraid that carpooling is out for me. The SWMBO will be making the trip with me. While I am talking shop she will be out cruising the local antique stores. Then it is a big night out in Tyler for the Mrs. and me.

Still planning on attending but I am afraid that carpooling is out for me. The SWMBO will be making the trip with me. While I am talking shop she will be out cruising the local antique stores. Then it is a big night out in Tyler for the Mrs. and me.

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Hey Fellas,

I know, it's been a month or so since I checked in for real. I'm STILL IN for this weekend though. Even if I have to drive myself. It'll give me some time to chomp on the ham radio a little and/or catch up on some podcasts. I'm really looking forward to it. I need to pick up another 1950s/1960s slim-handle Tech or two (my other one BROKE when I dropped it in the shower), and of course whichever straights Paul doesn't get to before I do. :smile:

I'm in! I'm in! Woohoo!

It looks like I'm going to have a "pass" right after the flag football game that's scheduled to start at 10:00 Saturday morning.

Since travel time from Richardson is about 2 hours, I could be able to get to Mercado's about 1:00. Do you think that would be too late?

It looks like I'm going to have a "pass" right after the flag football game that's scheduled to start at 10:00 Saturday morning.

Since travel time from Richardson is about 2 hours, I could be able to get to Mercado's about 1:00. Do you think that would be too late?

I think we'll still be there, but that's a call for you, Ken. I was hoping to see you and Daniel again though.

:frown:

Top Bottom