What's new

Dscosmetic Z0

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
How can you be assured of getting the V2 version of the razor when you order from AliExpress? Or is it just a crapshoot?

How can you be assured of getting the V2 version of the razor when you order from AliExpress? Or is it just a crapshoot?
If you look through their offerings, I found an item clearly labeled as V2 of the Z0 - it was the head only and you can see from the pictures that it looks like the v2 examples in this thread. I haven't received it yet, but it seems like I ordered the version I wanted.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I received my DSCosmetic Z0 v2 head today and shaved with it around midday. An impressively wonderful close shave was the result. It is aggressive, but I took my time and learned as best I could. I had three minor weepers that cleaned up quick, but the result was actually quite good. For me, this isn't a daily driver, but if I have two or more days of growth, it's a good choice. Today I used a fresh Shark SS blade. It worked fine, but there may be a better choice...a blade that will really sing in it. I paired it with a lightweight titanium handle from RazoRock, but I think a heavier handle would have made a better match as the balance didn't feel quite right. It's a heavy head and needs to be balanced out with a heavier handle. Will find something suitable for it. As of right now, I'm pleased with the purchase.

IMG_20220303_132446.jpg

So I lathered up some Mike's Natural Barbershop, with a Yaqi Moka synthetic brush.
Years back I had a 2011 R41, and remembered that I had to "ride the bar". The steep vs shallow angle terms confuse me for some reason.

The shave was nice and close, but some spots gave me a bit of aftershave burn when I applied the Florida Water. I'll give this razor a few shaves and I'm sure I'll adapt to it.

Top Bottom