What's new

Dropped my razor in the toilet :-(

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Interesting. Gross, and yet I'd like to get to the bottom of this mystery as well. Let us know once you've figured this out. I won't sleep well tonight either.

This thread is cracking me up! Like a lot of people said, it's not a big deal. I'd just disassemble it and soak it in the sink basin with soap. You could spray the pieces with Lysol too. But it will be fine.

Guys. In some third world places, plumbing is weak, so there's a little *special* trashcan in the bathroom for TP.

Undoubtedly, the dubious-paper (WaPo?) went in the trashcan.

AA

IMO if the water was clean, no big deal.
A short soak in some alcohol and get back to shaving.
As "AA" implied, this is really a First World problem.. :001_rolle

@Mat
So whats the final verdict? What did you do with your razor?

Maybe the thread should be closed as maybe its ran its course already....

Guys. In some third world places, plumbing is weak, so there's a little *special* trashcan in the bathroom for TP.

Undoubtedly, the dubious-paper (WaPo?) went in the trashcan.

AA
I think we have solved THIS mystery as it would appear that the alleged non-wiper was, in fact acting in accordance with proper expectations given the weak plumbing. Can we agree mystery can be considered solved? Thanks AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I think we have solved THIS mystery as it would appear that the alleged non-wiper was, in fact acting in accordance with proper expectations given the weak plumbing. Can we agree mystery can be considered solved? Thanks AA

UNLESS there was no trashcan ... which implies the loafer stuck the paper in his pocket.

AA :arf: :devil2: :eek2:

The pocket deal....I don't know man.
Clean break? I guess it's possible but we must ask ourselves, is it PROBABLE?
Discreet trash can to protect weak plumbing seems to be the likeliest explanation.

However.. As we cannot verify any of the above beyond probable doubt, I think we have to work under the assumption that we're dealing with some kind of neanderthal. (Geico commercial Caveman - "Do'oh!!")

Every time a thread like this pops up, I laugh my *** off at the comments!
OP, I hope you get back to shaving real quick and continue to enjoy yourself :001_tongu

I used it as an excuse for an upgrade. I've a Merkur Progress Long Handle on the way.

This is very much the case in many areas of Greece. Sewer pipes are commonly two inches in diameter, so can’t handle paper.

I used it as an excuse for an upgrade. I've a Merkur Progress Long Handle on the way.

Congratulations! I’m sure you’ll be very happy.

And maybe consider closing the lid on the toilet to protect the new razor. We often do that here in Australia, just to keep the spiders out... we have a species of venomous spider that loves living under the rim of toilets. Closing the lid is a useful precaution here to avoid an awkward visit to the hospital.

Just saying:

If you PIF the original razor, you should make full disclosure.

They might stumble onto this thread after using it and hunt you down! :)

Top Bottom