What's new

Dropped my razor in the toilet :-(

Dropped my Merkur 34C while shaving this morning, bounce off the wall, off the toilet seat and into the pan :001_07:. I've fished it out, but not sure I fancy putting it near my face again. What's the best way to sterilize it?

Or (preferred option) what's a reasonable budget upgrade to replace it with?

1 ) Boil it in distilled water for 15 minutes inside a pressure cooker .
You may add few (3-4 ) drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
Only FEW drops.

or /and

2 ) Use the "halo " germicidal effect of copper .
Wrap it around with a thin copper foil /sheet and let it sit for a day.

or/and

3 ) Use a UVC lamp /germicidal fixture . 30 minutes of exposure will be enough .

Scrubbing Bubbles WITHOUT bleach, then wash with Dawn & an old toothbrush.
OR
Barbicide for 10 minutes
OR
91% alcohol for 10 minutes
(From behind the counter at your local pharmacy.
It's the same stuff the use just before they give you an injection.)

In other words, treat it the same as any razor you bought at an antique shop.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Dude, just take a toothbrush and toothpaste to it. Scrub it, rinse it, use it. That’s what I would do. You could pour boiling water over it and let it soak for a few minutes.

You’re going to get about 900 answers here. Choose one that gives you the most peace of mind.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Dude, just take a toothbrush and toothpaste to it. Scrub it, rinse it, use it. That’s what I would do. You could pour boiling water over it and let it soak for a few minutes.

You’re going to get about 900 answers here. Choose one that gives you the most peace of mind.

This is just a trick! :117: Then toothbrush AND razor are befouled. :302:

Pretty clever, though.

AA

My daughter always leaves it up and i always go in and put it down because i'd heard of people accidentally dropping/knocking stuff in.
dave

As others have said, Barbicide or a toothbrush. However, I suggest washing the toothbrush really well before you brush your teeth again. Ha ha ha.

And putting the lid down will definitely help prevent a repeat of this issue.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Top Bottom