What's new

Dropped my Gillette Slim...

So I was cleaning my cabinets and my slim fell out, bounced off my foot and then off my vinyl floor twice. Seems to be okay, though is there a precision method to check if I messed up the gap? Visually, it looks just like it was before the drop. Should I just not worry about it?

I'd say put a blade in it and adjust it to 1 before closing the silo doors tight.

Look along both safety bars to make sure that the blade edge is parallel to each bar and that the blade gaps are equal, one to the other.

- Chris

If it hit your foot first, I would wager that it didn't fall far to the floor, unless you were on a ladder or something. Chances are that it's ok. Other members have suggested using a spark plug gap measuring tool to gauge how precise the alignment is.

teehee, shaving on a ladder.

like others have said put a blade in, if it looks alright have a shave.

I think its fine, but it did hit my foot and bounce twice on my vinyl floors. Seems to shave okay, and looks visually okay, even compared it to my other slim. I just wish I could get numbers down (I'm OCD, sorry)

I'd say put a blade in it and adjust it to 1 before closing the silo doors tight.

Look along both safety bars to make sure that the blade edge is parallel to each bar and that the blade gaps are equal, one to the other.

- Chris

+1 And if it looks OK, give her a trial shave

Top Bottom