What's new

DR Harris Arlington is amazing!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Over the years, I've become more and more of a soap guy, but I prefer the Arlington in cream form. They're both great products, but while I think the cream is near the very top of a stratified list that includes Penhaligons, Castle Forbes, and eShave, the soap has been somewhat eclipsed by a combination of its own reformulation and the relentless onslaught of new products.

Still, a puck will provide years of faithfull service, and warrants a spot in everyone's rotation. It's Marco approved, to boot!

I love my Arlington soap. Does Marlborough perform just as well? It's near the top of my wish list when I use a few things up.

Yes is is one of my absolute favorite soaps! I will always have it on hand.

I would not necessarily say that you will enjoy MNS Orange and cedar wood. It is not the same. Sure the Arlington is Citrus and fern, but it is much different than orange. It is a bold orange scent with the main player being orange. The cedar wood fights for a spot to balance it out. I like it, but it is not my favorite. Actually one of my least favorite MNS scent (Have tried them all).

BTW I am awaiting Mike's Orange soap. Is it safe to say I will like the scent given I enjoy Arlington?
Scent is always highly subjective and I haven't tried Mike's but I wouldn't simply assume that liking Arlington means that one will also like an orange scented soap. Arlington has citrus but citrus and orange aren't the same thing. Even if they were, scent is still subjective. You'd need to try it for yourself no matter how many opinions you read.

I love my Arlington soap. Does Marlborough perform just as well?
Yes, it does.

All the Harris soaps have equal performance(forget the Naturals), only the scent differentiates them

That has been my experience as well. I have Lavender, Arlington, Marlborough and Almond. The first 3 are pucks and the fourth a stick. All produce the same high quality lather.

$Photo1.jpg

1) Tulip 3 Super 2-band after 2 facelatherings with Arlington soap. Scuttle as a brush-warmer. Yes, I like to load heavily, but to me that's the best way to get the thick, creamy yogurt lather I like. Had a great shave with this today. Used the AS and Cologne too. Arlington gets my endorsement.

I love my Arlington and my Mike's orange/pepper/cedar, but they aren't very similar in smell, to me. I find the Mike's to smell more like the actual fruit, and Arlington smells like a fruity cologne, if that makes sense.

I don't know if it's because I bought a used bowl or something, but I am really not a fan of the Arlington scent. Just smelled like some kind of flat, cheap citrus, but without the zing.

Just got some Arlington soap, already had some of the cream, so I knew I loved the scent, but lathering up the soap is much nicer.

I don't know if it's because I bought a used bowl or something, but I am really not a fan of the Arlington scent. Just smelled like some kind of flat, cheap citrus, but without the zing.
Scent's always highly subjective. Arlington's popular but that doesn't mean that everyone likes it. I like the scent but it's not my favorite DRH scent.

I have Arlington in my opaque figured onyx bowl. Was the only soap I thought deserved that place of honer on the counter

proxy.php

Over the years, I've become more and more of a soap guy, but I prefer the Arlington in cream form. They're both great products, but while I think the cream is near the very top of a stratified list that includes Penhaligons, Castle Forbes, and eShave, the soap has been somewhat eclipsed by a combination of its own reformulation and the relentless onslaught of new products.

Still, a puck will provide years of faithfull service, and warrants a spot in everyone's rotation. It's Marco approved, to boot!

I agree with you about the cream being quite good. In my exclusivity with soaps my Arlington cream hardened up some. Now it works more like a soft soap. It's pretty amazing!

What makes Arlington soap so good? What does it smell like? Is there a way to try it without purchasing a big tub of the product?

Jerry

Top Bottom