What's new

DOVO 42 FRITZ BRACHT, anyone have any info on this?

Well, I'm still learning about razors, but I just happen to have learned a little bit about this one on dovo's website. If you look on their site, there is a page explaining the basics of blade shape, grind, and point... each category gives a few examples of models dovo makes.

So I think you have a 3/8" wedge grind blade with a french point. The 42 is a model number. Dovo makes their blades with model numbers and with names. So example, the number 101 is called "Best Quality" and it says so on the front of the blade. I even found this forum post by searching for more info on the 42 because it seems so unusual and I didn't know its name, so thanks for that. I'm assuming "Fritz Bracht" is the name of this model number.

I found a used one of these on eBay for like 50 bucks or something. Because of the fact that dovo references this blade on its website multiple times, I'm going to guess it's still in production. I can see why you might look at the wedge grind and say "antique" but it may very well have been made in the past few years, can't say for sure...

I'm assuming "Fritz Bracht" is the name of this model number.

To my best knowledge Fritz Bracht owned the Dovo brand/company from around 1938 for quite some time. Some blades produced by Dovo were marked "Dovo" on one side of the tang and "Fritz Bracht, Solingen Germany" on the opposite side.

I have a model 42 with these markings and also the model 41 (5/8th) - both from the 1970s as far as I found out (both came from a German Bundeswehr barber kit that was put into storage in 1979 - military always is obsessed with documentation :=) )

Top Bottom