What's new

Dorco blades? Thoughts, comments, etc.

are the usable in a Schick or are they bigger, for a Feather shavette?
Thx

Feather shavette or SE that uses that blade

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello, Sir. Can you tell me where i can buy it wholesale?

Thank you

Amazon sells the Dorco Prime Platinum STP301 blades at a very reasonable price for 100. If by wholesale you mean purchasing even larger quantities, there are some sellers on eBay that will sell them by the 1000.

I'm actually still doing a non scientific experiment the dorco hd st300 vs the dorco platinum hd. Depending on the razor of course I found the dorco st300 is alot smoother but not as efficient as the platinum. The platinum on some razors and settings becomes too irritating. However on some it outshines the st300 by a whole lot(these tend to be milder razors or settings) in both performance and comfort. I'm still testing them out on the parker variant setting 4 and need two more razors to complete the comparison.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I'm actually still doing a non scientific experiment the dorco hd st300 vs the dorco platinum hd. Depending on the razor of course I found the dorco st300 is alot smoother but not as efficient as the platinum. The platinum on some razors and settings becomes too irritating. However on some it outshines the st300 by a whole lot(these tend to be milder razors or settings) in both performance and comfort. I'm still testing them out on the parker variant setting 4 and need two more razors to complete the comparison.

Very interesting!!! I bought 100 each. Tried one platinum and burnt horribly, I quit and did not try again. But my brother loves them (uses in an adjustable Aristocrat). I gave him all

Very interesting!!! I bought 100 each. Tried one platinum and burnt horribly, I quit and did not try again. But my brother loves them (uses in an adjustable Aristocrat). I gave him all
Yeah I have experienced that but it depends on the razor ur using. on mild razors it's way less irritating than the st300 because one its efficient enough that u do less passes and less need to buff an area but on more aggressive razors it's a pain. What I have found tho surprisingly is that the st300 does loose its sharpness faster and it becomes very draggy and choppy on some razors

Yeah I have experienced that but it depends on the razor ur using. on mild razors it's way less irritating than the st300 because one its efficient enough that u do less passes and less need to buff an area but on more aggressive razors it's a pain. What I have found tho surprisingly is that the st300 does loose its sharpness faster and it becomes very draggy and choppy on some razors

Thanks, will see if I still have any of those 100 left to try in either a Fatip or R41. My bro might have gotten all of them.

For an elaboration I have put dorco st 300 hd vs dorco platinum hd on the following razors: razorock mission&mentor heads w/ wcs handles, weishi (19601 I believe; love this razor), Gillette new type long comb, Gillette deluxe, parker variant adjustable on every setting(currently setting 4) I use each blade for 8 uses (unless it becomes way too choppy it just gets tossed) on use 4-5 I use an old razor blade with the sharp edges cut off to see the difference. On use 4 I use 1 cut off razor and on use 5 I use 2(it does makes a difference most of the time makes it better than not ). I have setting 5 to complete as well as the yaqi dlc razor and another Gillette razor I dont recall the name. Fyi brushes used semogue owners club boar, omega pro boar and a yaqi synthetic brush.

Thanks, will see if I still have any of those 100 left to try in either a Fatip or R41. My bro might have gotten all of them.
Haha I hope you do but they are cheap to get new ones just make sure u get the ones that say HD on the packaging because previous to this I had used a dorco st300 and st301 in a blade sample pack and I hated them. The hd is the improved ones.

Personally, the ST300 and ST301 are rubbish on my face. The Dorco Titan works well for me, with a nice combination of comfort and sharpness.
Have yet to try the STP version.

Personally, the ST300 and ST301 are rubbish on my face. The Dorco Titan works well for me, with a nice combination of comfort and sharpness.
Have yet to try the STP version.
Were they the HD version? I ask cuz I had the same experience with the non hd version and I tossed them on use 3

I decided to write this post because it seemed interesting to see others opinion on this blade. Like many freshman in shaving I bought a sample pack of 30+ blades an in it was the dorco st300 and st 301and especially the st300 I hated it I threw it away on the first use. This one was in the usual white and blue packaging found everywhere. It felt really jagged unsharpened and rough. However my family went to south America and found these dorco packaged in an orange box and orange wrapper and with the words new HD st300. I shaved with it today and it was really great, not as sharp to make them perfect but sharp enough to take off my goatee and satisfyingly smooth even going at it in some areas pretty roughly I didn't nick nor have much irritation when using the alum block. I looked and found some new blue packaged one with the HD wording as well. Can any gents confirm or have thoughts if those are the same as the ones in the orange box or even the dorco platinum?
proxy.php
proxy.php

My experience with Dorco was like yours. I felt like I was shaving with a garden rake. I tried two blades and threw out the remainder of the tuck.

IMG_1770.jpg
JBlaze, I found in the box both I have. the blue prime are the ones that burnt me before, they were sharp. These are the ones my bro really likes. At the bottom I think 301 *never tried them*

View attachment 1100074JBlaze, I found in the box both I have. the blue prime are the ones that burnt me before, they were sharp. These are the ones my bro really likes. At the bottom I think 301 *never tried them*
Ah gotcha well I would suggest if u have a milder razor grey would work better otherwise maybe a personna lab blue or Wilkinson's sword would be more comfortable.

View attachment 1100074JBlaze, I found in the box both I have. the blue prime are the ones that burnt me before, they were sharp. These are the ones my bro really likes. At the bottom I think 301 *never tried them*
A blade i really liked was the super max blue diamond maybe it can be a good fit for you.

The ST-301 blade worked pretty well for my in my Parker Variant. I'm doing a round of blade testing, and it will get used in a different razor for the second round of testing, so I'll see how that goes.

Top Bottom