What's new

Do you take apart your razor to clean it after every shave?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I disassemble the razor, remove the blade, rinse and dry the disassembled razor, reassemble the razor without the blade, and put the razor away. I rinse a used blade and put it on a magnet.
At someone's suggestion, I forget who, I bought some blank magnetic business cards and I keep blades with life still in them in between two of them. The small business cards are in the basket array on the back of our master bedroom door, all out of site when the door is open. I keep all the shaving gear there except the razors and brushed I'm rotating at any given time.

Not my DE razors. Loosen, rinse, tighten, shake, dry the outside.

I do take apart my Feather and Kai AC barber razors, rinse and dry. There's a lot more little crevices inside to trap water and gunk.

You know how some blades have a bit of adhesive on them? To stick to the wrapper, Astra SP's in this case. What's a better way to clean said adhesive off of one's razor? There's still some left after a gentle scrubbing with soapy fingers.

No. I wipe the handle and head on a towel, but only dissemble and clean the whole thing every third or fourth use, when I can huge out the blade.
At the end of the day, these are functional items that ought to be able to put up with some use. I don’t molly-coddle them.

You know how some blades have a bit of adhesive on them? To stick to the wrapper, Astra SP's in this case. What's a better way to clean said adhesive off of one's razor? There's still some left after a gentle scrubbing with soapy fingers.
I have a small Mason jar of mineral turpentine and just hang the blade in it for a few minutes using a piece of wire (same arrangement as for hanging stuff in electroplating solution). Worked on every blade I have tried so far with adhesive on it.

I heat water for my Scuttle with an immersable heating element. I dip the new blade in the hot water and it comes right off. No, worries.

b/r

ON_1

I thought that is the proper way of doing it; rinsing the razor and blade and wipe them dry with a towel.

Top Bottom