What's new

Do you switch hands while shaving?

I'm right handed, and when I use a DE that's the only hand I use. No problems doing this, and the shave is great.

With a straight I do as much as I can with my right hand, but then switch to my left because its easier to get at some of the harder to shave with a straight areas. At first it was almost impossible to use my left, but now its getting easier and the shaves are getting better. :thumbup1:

What would really be interesting would be to see whether Lefties or Righties are more adept at ambidextrous shaving.

I would be willing to bet that more natural Lefties use both hands to shave than natural Righties, simply based on the fact that most of the world isn't very Left-Hand-Friendly.

What would really be interesting would be to see whether Lefties or Righties are more adept at ambidextrous shaving.

I would be willing to bet that more natural Lefties use both hands to shave than natural Righties, simply based on the fact that most of the world isn't very Left-Hand-Friendly.

100% spot on.... I use my left and right hand, but my right hand more often than not purely because it won't work with my left, like using a tin opener....

Tom

I just use right (dominant) hand, and with little practice, I feel no need to use the other one....That is, when I shave with my shavette, which only happens in weekend. With safety razor, I see no need to change hands.

I use both because you get a different angle with each hand going over the same area. I love to use the J-stroke and I find you get amazing results when done ambidextrously!

It is also way easier to use a straight to greater effect when using both hands!

Last edited:
I'm a lefty but I use both left and right in shaving; same as I do with brushing my teeth. I never really thought about it. I'm definitely not ambidextrous in any other things.

Right handed only.. I feel like im going to cut my face open if I use my left hand!!!! Needless to say i'm yet to try a straight!

Top Bottom