What's new

Decent recipe for moving time?

Hi gents,

I would like to make something for the SO tonight but the problem is she's moving to a new place. Consequently most of her stuff is packed up with the exception of a very few basics. Recommend anything relatively inexpensive/not labor intensive?

-ice

Hi gents,

I would like to make something for the SO tonight but the problem is she's moving to a new place. Consequently most of her stuff is packed up with the exception of a very few basics. Recommend anything relatively inexpensive/not labor intensive?

-ice

You can make a nice marinara sauce and boil some pasta and pair it with a green salad. Not too difficult and plenty filling. Marinara sauce is:

2 28 oz cans pureed tomatoes
2/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
4-5 fresh basil leaves, minced.

Put the olive oil and garlic in a pot and saute for 2-3 minutes just until garlic is starting to brown. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped basil and cook for 2 more minutes. You may need to add more salt and pepper to your liking.

This will make more than you need for the pasta so you can freeze the rest.

If i were in your shoes i think i'd make a Pizza.

1. Pick up a dough ball for a couple of bucks at a local shop.
  2. One 12 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
  3. 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
  4. 2 Tablespoons Oregano, dash Salt, & 1 teaspoon Pepper
    Tomato Sauce for a pizza is best with ingrediants 2, 3 & 4​
  5. 8 oz - Mozzerella

Add anything else you'd like and most certainly pick up a bottle of wine and your set for roughly $10!

Last edited:
Top Bottom