What's new

December 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Well, I'm out. $60 at Italian Barber got me three aftershaves, two razors, a stand, and a brush, and a couple of those wishlist items.

Oops. :oops:

I got the that email too, read the sale, but nothing leapt into the shopping basket. It might be time to sate my accumulated wish-list, though: one or two other SV soaps, KCG blades, and a non-breakable lathering bowl with swirling features instead of smooth.

Still in. SOTD - 26 DEC 2021

IMG_20211226_123803498_2 (1).jpg

Went with some of my favorite gears of 2021. DFS result with no irritations. Excellent shave today.

I haven't been tempted in anything although I've been browsing here and there. I think I can go strong until my birthday but we'll see...

Still out, but happy.

Fatip OC piccolo
Pesonna Lab blue (4)
Muhle badger
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep (SOTM)
Floid Vigoroso AS
Neutrogena Hydro Boost

IMG_20211227_090620681.jpg

First time I got a really excellent shave with the Fatip. Shaves before were close buth harsh.
Finaly discovered that a very steep angle dus miracles with this little razor.
Should have known this because my FOCS behaves likewise.

Overall 9.8/10 - a smooth and very descent shave.

Still in.

I received some soaps for Christmas that I had purchased last month, and had the kids give them to me.

My shaves have been with Plisson brushes recently, trying out soaps and creams. The HMW hair works really well with soap in a bowl, very luxurious and effective IMO.

Other things to report:
I opened up some Tabac and shaved with that, definately a good soap and the scent is agreeable. The post-shave is bit heavy. My prior soap experiences have been with TOBS, SV and MdC.
I also re-tried some Arko, the scent profile and the strength has to be the worst imaginable for any body related product, and more suitable for masking other strong odours like urine in public facilities with high foot traffic like railway stations. It might be OK if your Olfactory is shot, but over here it's of limited appeal.

And when brothers fall @djmillard @Roedeer it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal - Decemboar, December Derby
2) @Contact_vs_Feedback
3) @Doti B
4) @Stuart Ganis
5) djmillard out (12/27: Italian Barber)
6) @kjbarth
7) lomfs24 - out (12/8: Twig Thorn)
8) @pdieten - GRUYERE
9) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
10) @hopper_64
11) @Kyle89
12) @Timeclo
13) sandorfi - out (12/20: 3 vintage razors)
14) @FL shaver
15) @La Malice - Decemboar
16) @B_R_A_D
17) @mattps1
18) @Angus MacAngus
19) @Heron
20) @Tomo
21) @Cafebarian
22) @Dodger59
23) Roedeer out (12/28: SV)
24) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE

Honorable Mention: @Jack Goossen

SOTD - today I received a suprise package by @ivan_101 from Bulgaria, many thanks Ivan.

Karo Classic, Karo Sensitive and Top Ten

I started with Karo Classic. It lathers quick and easy to a silky fine lather with a subtle lime scent. The headshave was good. I just had a bit of clogging issues so I guess the cream needs more water then I used in my first attempt.

View attachment 1385117
You are welcome!
You caught that thin lemon thread in the scent, eh? Many people don't.
How is that Floid?

Top Bottom