What's new

DECEMBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Christmas arrivals from Colorado Razor Designs and Stirling Soap Co.!

proxy.php
That brush!!!!!

Merry Christmas to me. Just in from Brad Sears is this Archduke II 26mm, yes 26mm, with his new Select Badger knot. Brad says a regular customer requested a 26mm Archduke because he prefers that size to the 28mm that is normal for the handle. Unfortunately, there was a little splinter of wood in the resin that became visible once the handle was turned, so Brad fit it with a slightly lopsided knot and offered it for sale at a nice discount. It is shown with my other Brad brush, an M&F collaboration 2XL.
DSCN1793[1].JPG

Merry Christmas to me. Just in from Brad Sears is this Archduke II 26mm, yes 26mm, with his new Select Badger knot. Brad says a regular customer requested a 26mm Archduke because he prefers that size to the 28mm that is normal for the handle. Unfortunately, there was a little splinter of wood in the resin that became visible once the handle was turned, so Brad fit it with a slightly lopsided knot and offered it for sale at a nice discount. It is shown with my other Brad brush, an M&F collaboration 2XL.
View attachment 847490
Quite a striking brush, Pat. Congratulations!

View attachment 847490
Wow! Nice brush. Looks perfect to me. Enjoy the holidays.
Steve

Some goodies my family gave me for Christmas!
My wife told me she ordered another brush that they were making but would not be available until mid-January, so I have something to look forward to in a few weeks!
Steve
IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

I want to give a huge shout out to the Cap’n, what a huge surprise, I get a box in the mail and it’s wrapped in Christmas paper. I am thinking oh man, my wife got me something really nice from the Captain’s Choice website! Come Christmas morning, I open it and am immediately humbled and grateful beyond words. The Captain sent a hand written note with this seafoam lather bowl to complete my set! His note stated that, every year he selects one customer and sends them a free gift, and this year that customer was me. I will tell you he’s earned my business for life. His shave balm and cream have given me the best and closest shave I’ve ever had.

Thanks again my friend, I just wanted to let you know how much this gesture is truly appreciated.

094AB38E-DA3D-463E-995D-227A0A0AFBF9.jpeg

Some goodies my family gave me for Christmas!
My wife told me she ordered another brush that they were making but would not be available until mid-January, so I have something to look forward to in a few weeks!
Steve
View attachment 847714
View attachment 847715

That Sterling stuff looks great! I have been wanting to pick up one of their new synthetic brushed to try out! great Score!

I want to give a huge shout out to the Cap’n, what a huge surprise, I get a box in the mail and it’s wrapped in Christmas paper. I am thinking oh man, my wife got me something really nice from the Captain’s Choice website! Come Christmas morning, I open it and am immediately humbled and grateful beyond words. The Captain sent a hand written note with this seafoam lather bowl to complete my set! His note stated that, every year he selects one customer and sends them a free gift, and this year that customer was me. I will tell you he’s earned my business for life. His shave balm and cream have given me the best and closest shave I’ve ever had.

Thanks again my friend, I just wanted to let you know how much this gesture is truly appreciated.

View attachment 847797

That is super cool! Thanks for passing the word along; I love to support businesses/individuals that are deserving! I'll have to check out the website!

In the last couple days, I've received a tin of Lea Classic shaving cream from Spain, a tin of WSP Formula T Barbershop scent, and a tub of TOBS peppermint.

View attachment 847797
That is an excellent gift and a great way to get one. The Captain runs one fine ship I think. I use my cobalt bowl almost every shave.

Order came in today from Groomatorium:
RazoRock Blue Barbershop shaving cream soap and aftershave. Used these today: Good performance, clean, cottony smell. Definitely worth the price.
Stirling Executive Man shaving soap and aftershave. These are the first Stirling products I've purchased. They smell nice, but haven't used them yet.
L&L Grooming Trisgemistus aftershave
Chiseled Face shaving soap sampler pack - of these I think Ghost Town Barber smells by far the best, followed by Trade Winds. Many are not my taste. I'm glad I just got samples.

Last edited:
Got my order from Hawaiian Shaving Company today. Shave brush hand carved from reclaimed Hawaiian Koa wood. This one is named Kamaka (The Eye). Along with the brush was the latest two scents of the Kaimu Shaving Soap line, Pepamina 'Alani (Peppermint Orange) and 'Alani Pomelo Kinika (Grapefruit Ginger). In addition to that, @mjclark sent me a Wolf Whiskers brush.

Sure beats a lump of coal. ;-)

DSC01949.JPG

few items came in from Stirling including my first Badger Brush, very impressed with it, some barbershop body lotion, a sample of Stirling clubman, and some Dorco Prime Platinums from the Bay.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Order came in today from Groomatorium:
RazoRock Blue Barbershop shaving cream soap and aftershave. Used these today: Good performance, clean, cottony smell. Definitely worth the price.
Stirling Executive Man shaving soap and aftershave. These are the first Stirling products I've purchased. They smell nice, but haven't used them yet.
L&L Grooming Trisgemistus aftershave
Chiseled Face shaving soap sampler pack - of these I think Ghost Town Barber smells by far the best, followed by Trade Winds. Many are not my taste. I'm glad I just got samples.
Sounds like a very fine order. Enjoy.

Got my order from Hawaiian Shaving Company today. Shave brush hand carved from reclaimed Hawaiian Koa wood. This one is named Kamaka (The Eye). Along with the brush was the latest two scents of the Kaimu Shaving Soap line, Pepamina 'Alani (Peppermint Orange) and 'Alani Pomelo Kinika (Grapefruit Ginger). In addition to that, @mjclark sent me a Wolf Whiskers brush.

Sure beats a lump of coal. ;-)

View attachment 848236
Those are two mighty fine brushes.

few items came in from Stirling including my first Badger Brush, very impressed with it, some barbershop body lotion, a sample of Stirling clubman, and some Dorco Prime Platinums from the Bay.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
That is a striking brush, Chris. Your first badger, eh? Hope you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom