What's new

D’amaris Shaving Cream Review.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
468E2E70-12DB-4314-9054-97C5E3A07070.jpeg I used D’amaris Shaving Cream today for the first time. I was searching a website here in Australia and found they had some of this cream going quite cheap, I thought so anyway. I bought two tubes of normal cream and two tubes of hupoallergenic shaving cream. The tubes are metal but they are not sealed. I opened one to smell the cream and some of the cream oozed out as the tube had been compressed in transit. The tubes are 60 grams which are smaller than other tubes that I have bought in the past. I placed a squeeze of the cream in my Captain’s Choice Copper lather bowl. The squeeze was probably about as big as a mans watch dial. I lathered away for not very long and I finished up with more than enough lather for probably a 4 to 5 pass shave. I will know next time how much to use. The smell of the cream is very nice, I cannot actually let you know what is in it as the ingredients list appears to be in Polish? The cream is a definite keeper for me and I think that I will use it more often than the other creams that I own. It was very slick in my opinion. I have used some creams in the past that had very little slickness but this cream for me was very good.

Hello @ajkel64 !
D'Amaris it's an old school Romanian cream, bought by Palmolive and now they use the name Solea on the tube.
In my country is about 1$ per tube.
I find it superior to Turkish Arko creams. It lathers better, the slickness is better, the smell is better and it doesn't dry up fast like the Arko.
I'm surprised you can find it so far away from Europe. It's a good cream.

Strange - looks like a company called D'Amaris Expertise Center, Switzerland has purchased both the D'Amaris brand from Palmolive as well as the Solea brand from Schwarzkopf & Henkel , and combined them. I know the Solea brand was present in former Yugoslavian countries, didn't think it was previously present in Romania. If that was the case, seems odd to incorporate the Solea name into a well known Romanian brand. Schwarzkopf & Henkel made a shaving cream and aftershave under the Solea brand. I have a bottle of the Henkel Solea aftershave, good stuff. Old bottle from Schwarzkopf & Henkel looks the same as the current Solea D'Ameris. Old bottle was actually made by de Miclen in Slovakia, makers of Barbus products.

Old Schwarzkopf & Henkel version (former Yugoslavian text, no Romanian):

1587851025243.png

New Romanian version (Romanian text only):

1587849678687.png

1587849718728.png

And new version, packaged for former-Yugoslavian with only the Solea name:

1587850089828.png

Ingredients look similar but have changed a bit - no pthalates and addition of thermal spring water. Previous version had an old-school floral fragrance, haven't tried this new version.

And looks like they also sell the shaving cream under Solea D'Amaris name in former Yugoslavia:
1587850457256.png

A few old Romanian shavers told me the Solea stuff is good , but the old Romanian originals were much better in every respect ....

A few old Romanian shavers told me the Solea stuff is good , but the old Romanian originals were much better in every respect ....

You mean the previous versions of D'Amaris made by Palmolive? Doesn't seem like much of a loss if we can assume, based on ingredients list, that D'Amaris Original = Palmolive Classic minus the Palm Extract and D'Amaris Royal with Aloe = Palmolive Sensitive, but with different fragrances.

You mean the previous versions of D'Amaris made by Palmolive? Doesn't seem like much of a loss if we can assume, based on ingredients list, that D'Amaris Original = Palmolive Classic minus the Palm Extract and D'Amaris Royal with Aloe = Palmolive Sensitive, but with different fragrances.
Here they are, but I'm not sure if Palmolive was the original Romanian manufacturer:
dm.jpg
dmdamaris-crema-ras-60g-royal.jpg

Top Bottom