What's new

Current Daily Driver Razor

I guess you could say I rotate, but once I load a blade into a razor I usually stick with it and rediscover it's strong points. Currently, I've been using the Edwin Jagger DE89. I used the Muhle R41 almost exclusing for a pretty long time, same with the Merkur HD. Now I'm back to the DE89 and happily getting nice irritation free shaves. What's your current 'go to'?

Rockwell 6S. I usually stick with the R4 plate but this week inquiring minds wanted to know so I pulled the R6 plate out of the box. This razor just... won't... bite...

Rockwell 6S. I’ve been shaving back and forth with plates 3,4 and 5 so far. I’ve had perfect shaves on all three plates and this razor doesn’t seem to care what brand blade you use. I have eleven other razors and nothing can touch the 6S for a perfect BBS every time with no hint of irritation. Never a peep from my alum block.

Daily drivers are my WM 1.25 SB and Paradigm 2020 Diamondback. The Carbon, Timeless SS and TI are becoming almost irrelevant - sad to say I know. Let's see what happens with the Carbon ++ plate when my turn comes up in the pass around.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I try to use a different razor almost every day but my #1 daily driver the last 5 months approximately would be ONEBLADE CORE Version2 with over 50 shaves or approx 9-10 shaves per month average. I use a Gem blade with it. I really like it and it's a easy shave with some pressure added but I very seldom get a nick or irritation from the engineering marvel. It is a carefree shave with not much technique skill level IMO if that is important to some.
One blade 1 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I typically rotate between my Blackbird and Yates. Rarely use anything else these days. Both razors are awesome performers.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I enjoyed using my Progress the most out of all my razors. Then I got a Futur. Now every time I shave it's like Sophie's Choice.

I rotate among my 7, but the Merkur Progress has been out 4 times in the last 10 days. I'm still getting used to how it shaves.

Top Bottom