What's new

Current Daily Driver Razor

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I just recently got an EJ Chatsworth with the faux ivory handle. It's the most expensive razor I have so I've been favoring it, two days on, one day off. I have three other butterfly razors of which a Fendrihan is my favorite.

Gillette "Pre-War" (1938-45 w/ Triangular lather slots) Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Silver Blue Blades

IMG_20200229_145320_015.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I shave with a lot of different razors so hard to say which one is my daily driver.

Over time, the razors I use the most:

Gillette Hybrid Tech with Honorable Mention to my other 1930s-1940s-1950s "Top Tier" Techs - Gillette #34 Tech (Germany), Gillette Flat Bottom Tech (England), Gillette Pre-war (Triangle) and Post-war (Oval) Fat Handle Tech (Canada and USA), Gillette 1950s #24 Ball Handle Tech (England).

Personna "BBS-0"

Fatip Grande V2 and Lo Sorto Originale

Charcoal Goods Brass Level 2

GEM Featherweight Deluxe

GEM Junior G Bar Lather Catcher

Blackland Sabre

RazoRock Hawk V3-OC (new and conditional entry)

RazoRock DLC Lupo

Gillette Old Type (Canada and USA)

Gillette Goodwill 160 and Goodwill Reverse Stud 175

Karve Brass B-SB and C-SB

Timeless Ti 0.68-SB

Blackland Blackbird SB

Schick Eversharp Type G8 and Hydro-Magic Type I2

These are the razors that I enjoy the most and can shave with daily.

I’m currently going through several new razors but I was dormant on here for about a year after life got hectic.

In the hectic time I also didn’t have RAD and settled into an almost daily routine of a Razorock German 37 first pass with a Gillette Milord second pass.

I’m enjoying the change of pace these last few weeks but that set up is the easiest way I’ve found to quickly and easily get a very nice shave with little to no effort or irritation

I rotate about 9 but the two I have been sticking with the most are my Gillette NEW long comb and my '57 Gillette Red Tip.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
After over a decade of using straight razors I put them away for the most part a couple 3 years ago and use a Merkur Slant DE. I occasionally use a vintage Hoffritz Slant or a simple Merkur 34C as well.

This is a tough one for me to answer. I have 27 razors remaining in my den and I typically use A different razor every day.
I agree with Jim99 regarding variety -- as part of a "Pandemic Shave," I decided to use every one of my 21-odd razors before circling back to any particular one, but if forced, I could live w/just the Fatboy, and SC New. I agree, as my father believed that "variety is the spice of life." But unlike my father (gone 5 years ago yesterday), I believe it's way cheaper to juggle multiple razors and be happy with one woman, than the other way around...

(Don't judge, the one thing my Dad and I shared was a dark sense of humor (p.s. thanks for the hairline, Mom) and the ability to laugh at oneself. No disrespect to the dead--it's a joke he would have laughed at, given me an impish shrug as if to say "what can I say, you're right," then retold before changing it and claiming it as his own)

My main shaver is a PAA Ascension in copper. I really love my ATT Windsor as well, but mostly I grab the Ascension. Occasionally I will mix in some of the other 50+ razors I own but not very often.

Just stepping back into the shaving world after a long hiatus - currently my daily is a Rockwell 6C with plate 4/5.

Have to say it's a nice step up from my ageing DE89.

Top Bottom