What's new

Rex Konsul.. Daily driver?

Fairly new to wet shaving.. so far I have experience with the merkur 34c and the Henson AL13 mild V2. What plate on the Konsul would be familiar to the Henson? And can it be used as a daily driver without irritation

Thanks folks

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
What plate on the Konsul would be familiar to the Henson? And can it be used as a daily driver without irritation

The Konsul doesn't have "plates." It's an adjustable razor. I don't have a Henson but I do have a Konsul. I'd guess from what I've heard the Henson is a mild razor, so probably running a Konsul between 1 and 3 would work. It's a slant so it'll shave different from the Henson; kind of apples and oranges.

Some who use it say the Konsul is mild all the way to 6.

In my opinion an adjustable should be adjusted. Otherwise why pay for all that adjustment? I can get irritation ATG sometimes so with the Konsul I back it off to 2 for my first ATG pass, then 4 or 5 for the second pass ATG. WTG is at 6.5. My final pass for cleanups is usually on 6.5 as well.

And yes, it's a good daily driver.

O.H.

Fairly new to wet shaving.. so far I have experience with the merkur 34c and the Henson AL13 mild V2. What plate on the Konsul would be familiar to the Henson? And can it be used as a daily driver without irritation

Thanks folks
Thanks for asking the question. I have also been wanting input concerning the Konsul being a daily driver. Will follow...

if you want to try a slant: German 37 Razorock (best for the money). Consul is too expensive ; can you use it every day....sure. it's a pain to load the blades.

Top Bottom