It smelled so nice! I took a bite!
Last night, I lathered up my Arko
It shaved so good, I knew it would;
But some, would disrespect my Arko
Call it a cult, a big insult,
They say, it fills the air with foul aroma,
Like lemon Pez, or so they sez:

Arko! Arko! Mash it in a bowl!
Arko! Arko! The scent that soothes the soul!
It's the lather! It's the flavor! It's the pleasant lemon scent!
Arko! It's so cheap that it must be heaven sent!

Nice. I didn't recognize the name of the song, but I picked the tune up quickly from reading the lyrics (video is blocked at work)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not really. But when I use it, I always hear "funiculi, funicula"

Last night, I lathered up my Arko,
It smelled so nice! I took a bite!
Last night, I lathered up my Arko
It shaved so good, I knew it would;
But some, would disrespect my Arko
Call it a cult, a big insult,
They say, it fills the air with foul aroma,
Like lemon Pez, or so they sez:

Arko! Arko! Mash it in a bowl!
Arko! Arko! The scent that soothes the soul!
It's the lather! It's the flavor! It's the pleasant lemon scent!
Arko! It's so cheap that it must be heaven sent!

:punk: Nice!

Oh, and Arko is awesome...just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just ordered a single stick of the regular Arko. Turkish delight for my face, huh? It lathers like crazy in the vids. I'm impressed.

How do you cake it into a pyrex bowl? Microwave?

How do you cake it into a pyrex bowl? Microwave?

No nuking the Arko.

It's soft enough that you can just press it in. To make it easier, you might grate it, but that's not really needed. If I'm feeling lazy (and that's most of the time nowadays) I'll cut the stick into 1/2" thick discs and press those into my mug.

No cult! just excellent product at an unbeatable price. The "stench", pure myth and fabrication IMO. I reckon the stuff smells very pleasant, very mild.

IMHO, if you shave down the stick and use it judiciously, any aftershave you use will negate any "overpowering" scent. Arko is slick, lathery and a great shave! And cheap! I prefer it to more "premium" brands like T&H and MWF. Just my 2 cents:batman:

No cult! just excellent product at an unbeatable price. The "stench", pure myth and fabrication IMO. I reckon the stuff smells very pleasant, very mild.

IMHO, if you shave down the stick and use it judiciously, any aftershave you use will negate any "overpowering" scent. Arko is slick, lathery and a great shave! And cheap! I prefer it to more "premium" brands like T&H and MWF. Just my 2 cents:batman:

This man knows his stuff :thumbup1:

Soon after Cleanshaved recieves his two sticks the madness begins. Firsts its, this stuff is strong, than its not bad, until, it smells pretty good is uttered from his lips.
Than he will begin to foresake his more expensive creams, until Arko is all he has in his shave den.
Its madness I tell you, madness.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hmmm. I need to get a stick of Arko to see how it compares to my beloved Williams.

You mean modern Williams? First off, I can lather Williams. With a bit of work, I can get a good, long lasting slick lather. Arko, on the other hand, lathers ridiculously easy. There really is no comparison

proxy.php

So easy to lather, this guy can do it! I don't see what all the fuss is about the scent...seems lots of folks complain about the scent of Tabac too, but that's just amazing stuff! I happen to love the scents of both Arko and Tabac. YMMV, of course :smile:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
proxy.php

So easy to lather, this guy can do it! I don't see what all the fuss is about the scent...seems lots of folks complain about the scent of Tabac too, but that's just amazing stuff! I happen to love the scents of both Arko and Tabac. YMMV, of course :smile:

looks like this guy needs saop and water for the whole body.................let alone a good shaving soap

My most recent batch of Arko almost has no scent. The first one I ever tried needed to be left on a window sill for a week before i could use it. Seems to be a big difference between batches. Maybe it could be the reason that there is such a varying amount of options about the scent. It is my daily go to and I have no complaints.

Did you know that The Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAVAIR) in China Lake, CA invented the urinal cake?

I liked the "no frills" comment earlier. It's the same reason I like some other inexpensive soaps, and like to mix my routine up with the FAT, Cella, etc. I don't find the Arko scent that strong, but perhaps it reminds me of institutional soap of a previous era. I like it.

Considering the low price, why not try it? A stick lasts a while too ( even if your using it every day). As for the scent, I don't mind it, it reminds me of a laundry detergent.

Top Bottom