What's new

Cult of Arko

Does anyone use arko for straight shaving I gave it a crack this morning I found there wasn’t much glide is there anyway to fix this apart from adding vg?

Yup. Use it for straights all the time. I use the stick and face lather. Never had an issue. May have to adjust your water ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. adding The soap to the face may work better iv been bowl lathering and I did add I heap of water I think it’s because I bowl latherd instead of face as the soap stays on the face not the brush.

I still think the tubs are no longer in production and just old stock that you are seeing for sale now.

AoS had new old stock available on the bay for a while after it's formula changed.

I see a lot of vendors offer the stick, but not the tub?
I've looked at the Arko official web site. Only the stick is listed. The rest is shaving cream in a tube and cans of spray fluff. No bowls of soap.
So looks like it as been axed

I used one for the first time in a year, found it buried in my drawer. I used a Semogue 610 to whip up a wonderful thick slick lather. Gents talk about the scent being bad I don't get that.

I used one for the first time in a year, found it buried in my drawer. I used a Semogue 610 to whip up a wonderful thick slick lather. Gents talk about the scent being bad I don't get that.
See that’s the things some say it’s bad like urinal cake. me the wife and whole family think it smells like clean linen with some citrus like if you washed your sheets in like old school laundry soap with a lemon peel chucked in

See that’s the things some say it’s bad like urinal cake. me the wife and whole family think it smells like clean linen with some citrus like if you washed your sheets in like old school laundry soap with a lemon peel chucked in

Exactly! My kids love how it smells. My kids are 7 and 10 and they are the final verdicts on soaps and aftershaves [emoji16] My son is 10 so maybe another five or six years til he jumps down the rabbit hole!

Exactly! My kids love how it smells. My kids are 7 and 10 and they are the final verdicts on soaps and aftershaves [emoji16] My son is 10 so maybe another five or six years til he jumps down the rabbit hole!

Oh just wait if he’s anything like anyone on this forum your in trouble haha

Start them out right with Arko

Does anyone use arko for straight shaving I gave it a crack this morning I found there wasn’t much glide is there anyway to fix this apart from adding vg?

I don't shave with a straight. But from what I have been told. If you go to a Turkish barber. They shave you with a straight and most of them use Arko as their soap of choice.

I don't shave with a straight. But from what I have been told. If you go to a Turkish barber. They shave you with a straight and most of them use Arko as their soap of choice.
I usual shave with my tech 90% of the time won’t use any others but today I I shave with my rolls I found that it didn’t have much glide and almost took my face off ( yes the blade is sharp I honed it the day befor from 12u to 0.5u )I assume that’s because I bowl lather instead of face but I’m not sure

I can sort of understand how they think that but it’s not like the ones Nowa days a back in they day they had these other ones sort of smelt similar but not the same

I can sort of understand how they think that but it’s not like the ones Nowa days a back in they day they had these other ones sort of smelt similar but not the same
I find that the scent is very mild. Then again I use it daily.
It out performs soaps at many times the price

Top Bottom