What's new

Cremo Heritage Shaving Cream

It is like a tube filled with the stuff from the moisture strip of a Schick Hydro cartridge. I used to say you can't lather it, but then I saw someone more persistent than me post pictures of a lather from it. I will now say you shouldn't lather it. You can use it as a pre cream first layer for the lubrication and put a layer of lather of something else over it. I shaved with Cremo and Barbasol last night in the bathtub, because I didn't want to lather while laying in the tub.

It is like a tube filled with the stuff from the moisture strip of a Schick Hydro cartridge. I used to say you can't lather it, but then I saw someone more persistent than me post pictures of a lather from it. I will now say you shouldn't lather it. You can use it as a pre cream first layer for the lubrication and put a layer of lather of something else over it. I shaved with Cremo and Barbasol last night in the bathtub, because I didn't want to lather while laying in the tub.
Thanks for the info.

I would have been working for an hour trying to get lather out of it. Now I know!🙂

I'll try it next time without trying to lather it and see what happens.
It activates with water splis
Thanks for the info.

I would have been working for an hour trying to get lather out of it. Now I know!🙂
put a small puddle of water in your palm when you squeeze it out and leave your face dripping wet. there are polymer spheres in at that absorb a lot of water which makes it work so well

Is the Cremo stick better than the cream? Does it lather up nicely with a brush? Comments appreciated, thanks!
The stick is not sold anymore at least here in the USA. The cream especially for $7 is one of shavings best products and that tube will last 3 to 4 months. As far as creams go I rank it fourth overall but basically tied with two and three. The cream will not lather and is not designed to lather. If you use it properly you can easily see your whiskers.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The stick is not sold anymore at least here in the USA. The cream especially for $7 is one of shavings best products and that tube will last 3 to 4 months. As far as creams go I rank it fourth overall but basically tied with two and three. The cream will not lather and is not designed to lather. If you use it properly you can easily see your whiskers.
Thank you very much, Sir.

It activates with water splis

put a small puddle of water in your palm when you squeeze it out and leave your face dripping wet. there are polymer spheres in at that absorb a lot of water which makes it work so well

I used the Cremo the way you recommended. I'm glad it works ok for you. It doesn't work for me at all. While I didn't get the irritation I got previously, I still got a bunch of weepers and nicks, including one on my chin that took a couple of hours to stop. Note to self: no more Cremo. :thumbdown

I have several Cremo creams and find all of them to lather up with a brush lather bowl and shave exceptionally well, except for Heritage which is miserable. I don't much care for the scent either but at least it isn't horrible. I keep trying to throw it out but haven't yet.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A quick question: does Cremo also come in a small travel-friendly tube? I'm looking at something less than 100ml that can easily be brought on a plane with a hand luggage. Thanks!

A quick question: does Cremo also come in a small travel-friendly tube? I'm looking at something less than 100ml that can easily be brought on a plane with a hand luggage. Thanks!
Cremo original formula classic scent is sold in a 30ml tube. Is the 10ml Proraso green travel tube too small?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Cremo original formula classic scent is sold in a 30ml tube. Is the 10ml Proraso green travel tube too small?
Thank you, Sir. Yes, the 10ml Proraso is really too small. At the moment for travelling by plane I'm considering either the 75ml Proraso bowl or the 50ml La Toja stick. But still wanted to bring back home from the USA some Cremo to try.

Thank you, Sir. Yes, the 10ml Proraso is really too small. At the moment for travelling by plane I'm considering either the 75ml Proraso bowl or the 50ml La Toja stick. But still wanted to bring back home from the USA some Cremo to try.
The smaller size might be difficult to find. It is even sold out on-line. Original Shave Cream - https://cremocompany.com/products/original-shave-cream?variant=40566107406535

You probably already know this, but always check the travel section in pharmacies like CVS. They sometimes like to place smaller sizes there instead of where the full size product is located.

Good luck And welcome to the US!!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The smaller size might be difficult to find. It is even sold out on-line. Original Shave Cream - https://cremocompany.com/products/original-shave-cream?variant=40566107406535

You probably already know this, but always check the travel section in pharmacies like CVS. They sometimes like to place smaller sizes there instead of where the full size product is located.

Good luck And welcome to the US!!
Thank you so much for the information!

Actually, it's a come back to the USA. During my childhood I lived in Maryland with my family for 4 years. Almost 40 years have passed since then.

Top Bottom