What's new

Cremo Heritage Shaving Cream

Wanting some feedback from those who have used the Cremo Heritage Shave Cream:
1674832186993.png

Can you make a lather with it? Or is more like the other Cremo creams?

Slickness? Pot shave?

I really like the AS balm. During these winter months, my face really loves it.

Never tried it. Never even heard of it. Based solely on the branding it wouldn't surprise me much if the scent is similar to Old Spice, maybe? Just a guess, though.
Without seeing the ingredients list it is hard to say, but another possibility is that it is a lathering cream, as opposed to their usual stuff, and perhaps thinker is why they named it 'heritage'?

Just went to their website and checked into it. It appears that it is the regular formula, just with a scent that they consider an old school barbershop scent. They also are selling a body wash, an aftershave, and a cologne spray with the same scent.

I am currently using this. It is a Walmart exclusive in store, although it may be available on Cremo's website. It has a pleasant scent I like but I don't notice that the formula is that much different than the original formula ones. Others have been able to lather Cremo with I brush but I just palm lather it (same as other Cremo creams) and shave!

Cremo shave creams aren't formulated to lather. They do make another shaving cream that does lather but the iterations in a tube aren't meant to be used that way. Just spread it on your face and it works beautifully.

I am using this Cremo, but I have not used the regular ones. I can confirm though that it is non-lathering and for me it works good especially when I am in a hurry and need a shave quickly and don't have time to pull out my brush and make lather. I know it is probably considered heresy to do so here at B&B, but it works for me.
-Boris

So I have been using the cremo heritage for few shaves in a row and my wife came to me and complained that the sink was a messand gummed up. Is this something cremo is known for? Is this a common thing for non-lathering creams since it is not a soap? Does anyone know?
- Boris

Cremo is a sticky or slimy slick. You could try Lucky Tiger liquid cream shave. It's more of a soapy slick and does lather up a bit. I like the thickness of the Cremo myself.

I’m almost through a tube myself , great scent , great slickness and it takes a good amount of water if you want to use a brush and work it up. I head shave with it and use a brush , can also be used just by rubbing it into your beard with some water added.

Before I started DE shaving, I would use Cremo and Aveeno. Thr Cremo is a little sensitive to water temperature; you need fairly hot water to get optimal slickness. The oatmeal version and the soy version of the Aveeno are my favorite canned creams.

I have used Cremo Heritage shaving cream in the past. Cremo alone gives great slickness, pretty good cushioning and a nice shave. The Heritage smell was pleasant if "sweet" but, with Cremo alone, the smell was just a little too strong for me and seemed to hang around on the skin for quite some time.

I also used Cremo Heritage to make "super-lather" - a small almond size dollop mixed in with my usual shaving soap using my boar hair brush. It did a very good job making the regular shaving soap lather "pop," and the mixing helped tame down the scent, which blended well with the Bay Rum soap scent.

I have also used Cremo as a pre-shave, rubbing a thin coat of it onto my wet face with my hands, followed by applying regular shaving soap with a brush. Makes a nice pre-shave without gumming up your brush like a shave oil. The smell was very tamed down using this method and, again, blended well with the Bay Rum scent.

For the price, and WalMart availability, I think it is a very nice and versatile shaving cream. At around $8.00 for 6 ounces ($1.33 / oz), it is dirt cheap so give it a try.

As always, your mileage may vary (YMMV).

Top Bottom