What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn..wouldnt ya know it

after 2 yrs of wet shaving (and whittling down my soap/cream stocks) i finally get the urge to try some CE soap since IIRC i read that they were back on the shelf..naturally my local CE went out of business and the only other one listed in the state is 1.5hrs away. :cursing::gun_bandana:

Last edited:
after 2 yrs of wet shaving (and whittling down my soap/cream stocks) i finally get the urge to try some CE soap since IIRC i read that they were back on the shelf..naturally my local CE went out of business and the only other one listed in the state is 1.5hrs away. :cursing::gun_bandana:

1 1/2 hours away? I'm 4+ hours from the nearest soap/cream that's not Williams or VDH. I consider you quite lucky, :001_smile

If you would like some PM me I have a puck of Sienna and Nomad that I don't use, they could use a new home.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If you would like some PM me I have a puck of Sienna and Nomad that I don't use, they could use a new home.

Very thoughtful, xillion! Gotta hand it to you, I was wishing I had a spare but my Nomad is being used, and used . . . I'm not even making a dent yet.

Feel the love, Happy New Year.

Within about a 40-minute drive, I can buy the following soaps from a brick-and-mortar store:

Crabtree & Evelyn
Cade
Cella
Valobra Stick
AoS
TOBS
Pre de Provence
VDH
Williams

Some of you guys apparently live in the wrong place! :lol:

1 1/2 hours away? I'm 4+ hours from the nearest soap/cream that's not Williams or VDH. I consider you quite lucky, :001_smile

Look for gift shops in touristy areas that carry soap. My guess is that you can find some kind of shaving soap closer than 200 miles away, excluding Williams and VDH.

Greg, that makes two of us regarding web shopping. I usually order most of my non-grocery items on the internet now and have them delivered to me. I do have a Wal-Mart about 15 miles away, but with my bad knees and back I have to time my trips to make sure they have a fully charged scooter waiting for me. Therefore, I only make it to Wal-Mart about twice a month, and make the nearest large city once a month for canned good and large food item shopping (Gordon Foods and Aldi). I probably make the local Dollar General and grocery store about once or twice a week.

Summary: I really like the internet for shopping. I can find the best deal in less than an hour whereas driving to the local stores to price something can take all day!

They frequently have online specials that often include free shipping as well.
No worries if there isn't one nearby.

That is true but you cant smell the soaps through the computer screen. I wont buy anything unless I can smell it first especially after getting burned before

I feel your pain, i also live in a shaving desert. The only wetshaving products i have ever found in a 40 mile radius is VDH and Williams.

Proraso was available less than 15 minutes from here until Target discontinued it. Not just the cream, EVERYTHING. The cream, soap, balm, splash, brush, canned cream, ect...

Proraso was available less than 15 minutes from here until Target discontinued it. Not just the cream, EVERYTHING. The cream, soap, balm, splash, brush, canned cream, ect...

I feel your Proraso Pain. I hate that Target stopped carrying it. I remember tubes and tubes of Proraso Red just sitting on their shelves.

If I had known then I would have bought them all...

Top Bottom