What's new

Crabtree and Evelyn creams

I use the West Indian Lime. The fragrance is a well kept secret. Absolutely a fantastic 'Caribbean' scent. I find the performance middle of the road yet adequate. It is heavy on a vitamin E which I believe detracts from the lather but provides healing for the skin.

I use C&E's Moroccan Myrrh cream, ASB & Cologne. Excellent cream, wickedly unique scent.
I highly recommend this cream. May have to search sites other than C&E to get it, though. C&E only carries the soap. I did see the cream (tub) on eBay and Amazon. Also comes in a tube. If you can find it, it's worth it.
Mikey

I scored some Indian Sandalwood cream tube and ASB in a gift pack while I was in Ontario for a really good price ($30 CAD). It has a nice woody spiciness too it and performs decently enough.

I`m a fan of C&E creams as well as their soaps. I`ve never used their latest line of creams and soaps but I can vouch for their vintage stuff. If you`re nearby a C&E store and are patient and lucky wait for their specials and then you can to get a great deal! I was initially reluctant in buying some C&E creams and soaps due to their mixed reviews but they had a 50% off sale plus an additional 10% off using a certain credit card so it was 60% off. So seeing a good deal and no need to mail order plus I could touch and sniff their products in person. I quickly bought some Nomad, Sienna, Sandalwood vintage creams and soaps. Back then I didn`t know their sale was to discontinue this vintage line. I`m very happy with its performance.

Last edited:
I just picked up a tube of the West Indian lime for $10.50 as well as the aftershave and sandalwood scent while in myrtle beach. They had the aftershaves for $4 as opposed to $16 so I bought 2 of each. The cream in the tube is adequate but after discovering Taylor of old bond not much compare imo.

I had the West Indian Lime cream and AS balm. I really enjoyed the scent of both, but the performance was not the best. One of the things I value most in a soap or cream is slickness, and this cream just wasn't quite up to the mark in this category.

The Moroccan Myrrh is a fantastic scent. VERY little water should be used when building a lather; even a tad too much results in a kind of soupy result

I had the West Indian Lime cream and AS balm. I really enjoyed the scent of both, but the performance was not the best. One of the things I value most in a soap or cream is slickness, and this cream just wasn't quite up to the mark in this category.
I actually have become a night shaver here of late due to my schedule and used the tubed cream lime tonight. I found that face lathering and adding water to the point of almost but not quite runny really helped. I had the same opinion as you but after messing with it I kind of like it and love the scent.

I had the West Indies Lime, but had to discontinue use as it irritates my face terribly. I cannot give a good comment on performance. I gave it to my wife who has an entire cache of soaps and creams that I cannot use and she said "it works better than most."

I actually have become a night shaver here of late due to my schedule and used the tubed cream lime tonight. I found that face lathering and adding water to the point of almost but not quite runny really helped. I had the same opinion as you but after messing with it I kind of like it and love the scent.

Glad you got it to work for you. The smell really is fantastic.

The store here in Cleveland closed a few years ago, and I haven't thought about them much except for using up the puck of sandalwood soap that I have. The cream samples I had were fine as I remember but I didn't have a lot to experiment with. I loved the Sienna scent but I think it's long gone..

The Moroccan Myrrh is a fantastic scent. VERY little water should be used when building a lather; even a tad too much results in a kind of soupy result

Interestingly, I just visited their site and this scent is the former "Nomad" which has been re-branded.

I used Moroccan Myrrh this morning for my straight razor shave - the performance was really quite good and the scent is unique and lovely.

Do Google search to find it by the tub or tube. I found one 5.3 oz tub for $21 and another for $25 on the popular bidding site. Lust letting you know. I think when these tubs are gone that's it for the tubs. still available in tubes, but NOT on C&E's site. The stuff is getting very scarce. Too bad. Can't understand C&E's logic on this one.
Good hunting.
Mike

Last edited:
Great performance. Lousy scent.

The fragrances all seem too overpowering, and they all seem to have a really odd texture to my nose, if that makes any sense. This is true across all the aromas, and it is so unique that I could probably identify a C&E aroma even if it was one I had never smelled before.

Special mention goes to Sweet Almond Oil cream. This has been my best shave ever. I tolerate the unpleasant aroma in order to get the incredibly close, smooth shave and skin softening effect. Since it is discontinued, I ration out what I have very carefully, treating myself to an SAO shave on special occasions perhaps once or twice a year.

The only C&E line that I still use is Moroccan Myrrh, and even that is limited to a couple of times a year at most.

I own the Indian Sandalwood and Moroccan Myrrh creams.

They both perform really well and lather with minimal effort. The lather in my experience is good and doesn't dissipate. My skin doesn't feel dry after using it.

The Indian Sandalwood scent is different to its predecessor and is more woody to my nose, which makes sense if the listed notes on the website are anything to go by. It is quite a sweet smell. I found the old C&E Sandalwood cream very similar to Trumper's, which is more on the spicy range.

The Moroccan Myrrh, which I've only owned since February this year, is my favourite. The bergamot shines in the scent department for me because I'm reminded of Earl Grey tea as soon as I begin lathering.

Top Bottom