What's new

Cozy camping Memorial Day weekend?

I feel that......

• I have every right to be offended

• she should have discussed this with me first before extending an invitation

• my husband should handle this with his mother

• I shouldn't care, the more the merrier

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you thought about not cleaning the mother-in-laws dishes very well. That way, if she is in the toilet the whole weekend, you wouldn't have to have her around as much.

Seriously, you and your husband need to have a serious sitdown talk with no interuptions and discuss this, calmly and respectfully. Communication is the key to any relationship. Sometimes men need things spelled out and then beat into us before we get it.

Personally, if I were in a similar situation I'd refuse to go on the trip. Moms can be strange creatures sometimes and it can be tough to juggle the mother/wife relationship. It's a shame your husband doesn't see it your way. Maybe he's afraid to confront her.
He is his mothers only child and has been a spoiled brat his whole life. Yes he tends to shy away from confrontation, especially with loved ones.

Just tell you hubby that you are inviting your past "fling" and children. If he is ok with that..... shoot him and his mother!:biggrin: Your mother in law is a real piece of work. She just got un-invited along with her band of renound. Your husband should do the work......or he can go by himself.

What lack of stones and what lack of class!

Let us know how it turns out.

Later,
Richard
I could not have said that better myself.

I think you need to stand up for yourself. Their behavior should not be tolerated. You owe it to yourself and more importantly to your children not to expose them to this situation.

Bow out of the camping trip and instead spend the weekend at an expensive spa getting pampered,massaged and beautified.

It looks as if Ex has been told there is no room left for her to join us. I am debating with myself now if I even want to go with the Mother in Law after all of the headache. How does she really feel about my marriage & children.

It's good to hear it has been worked out. Too bad the damage has been done. From what I've heard (but have a hard time practicing sometimes) it's best to forgive and give them another chance.

Good luck and hopefully you can salvage some fun out of the long weekend!

I am glad that problem worked itself out of the equation. Hopefully, you can all move on and repair things. I always say, forgive them and kill them in their sleep. Camping? Convenient. :rolleyes:

He doesn't think there's anything wrong with it.
Wendy

Then I need to change my vote to having every right to be offended.

When I first read it, I voted she should have discussed it with you first. Now I know that your husband is a goof. Wow.
I'm so glad that my mother hates all of my exes. She hated them while I was dating them, but didn't tell me because she didn't want to meddle. Looking back, they were all kind of skanky or a bit nuts.

I am glad that problem worked itself out of the equation. Hopefully, you can all move on and repair things. I always say, forgive them and kill them in their sleep. Camping? Convenient. :rolleyes:

Ah. The old "bears attacked and carried them away" defense. I would say put that woman to work carrying firewood and cooking.

As a married person, here are your priorities:
1) Yourself
2) You as a couple
3) Everyone else

That goes for both you and your husband. If he's scared to stand up for you as a couple, you'd better give him an earful.

It looks as if Ex has been told there is no room left for her to join us. I am debating with myself now if I even want to go with the Mother in Law after all of the headache. How does she really feel about my marriage & children.

I think you still need to deal with the issue and discuss it with your husband and mother in law.

Top Bottom