What's new

Cozy camping Memorial Day weekend?

I feel that......

• I have every right to be offended

• she should have discussed this with me first before extending an invitation

• my husband should handle this with his mother

• I shouldn't care, the more the merrier

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am going camping Memorial Weekend and I would like a man's opinion.

My trip is to include my husband, our three children and my mother in law.

New twist, I was just informed that my mother in law has invited my husbands ex-fiance and her children to join us. (Her husband will not be attending).

Please respond to the following poll.

Wendy

That's a little oddball but I can sympathize with you because this is the type of bonehead junk my mother in law would try to pull. How does your husband feel about this.

That's a little oddball but I can sympathize with you because this is the type of bonehead junk my mother in law would try to pull. How does your husband feel about this.

He doesn't think there's anything wrong with it.
Wendy

You have every right to be enraged. I would be absolutely furious. Your mother in law and your husband have no right to treat you with such disrespect.

Last edited:
Wendy, I wish you the best in this situation. You should talk to your husband. Sometimes us men need to be slapped upside the head to see the light.

I'm not an insecure woman and I'm not jealous. I know that is how he will throw it back at me, it's my own problem.

This was supposed to be a relaxing time for us and fun for the kids, not a reunion. Who do I tell my kids she is? Daddy's old fiance. I think it's wrong.
Wendy

She should have consulted with you before inviting anyone. Even more so when inviting who she did. Is it possible to dis-invite everyone but your immediate family?

Put a spoonful of campfire ashes in her coffee each day. :devil:

I don't get what the m-i-l was thinking, but it sounds as if it is a done deal, so rather than ruin your weekend play it cool and then you can hold it over your husband's head for the next decade or so. Hopefully you are a better camper than she, but at the same time I hope she isn't worthless in camp. :biggrin:

Yeah, it looks like you are stuck. Unless, of course, an accident were to befall her.

proxy.php

It seems to me that your Mother-In Law's actions speak volumes about her opinion of you. Why else would she do something so disrespectful like that? If your husband doesn't stand up for you and handle this situation, then he doesn't have a hair on his ........., much less any hair worth shaving! :w00t:

Unless you are relying on your mother in law for camping supplies, I would personally call her on the telephone, or visit in person, and dis-invite her from the trip and do the same for the ex-fiancee.

Your mother in law behaved in an ignorant way by inviting the ex, and the ex is even worse for accepting the invitation.

Take the bull by the horns and do something about this situation.

Another option would be to bow out of the trip yourself, but then you risk the other parties involved going on the trip anyway. To state my opinion of that situation would be ungentlemanly.

Unless you are relying on your mother in law for camping supplies, I would personally call her on the telephone, or visit in person, and dis-invite her from the trip and do the same for the ex-fiancee.

Your mother in law behaved in an ignorant way by inviting the ex, and the ex is even worse for accepting the invitation.

Take the bull by the horns and do something about this situation.

Another option would be to bow out of the trip yourself, but then you risk the other parties involved going on the trip anyway. To state my opinion of that situation would be ungentlemanly.

I think her husband should handle this matter. His silence of this issue is disturbing.

I'm not an insecure woman and I'm not jealous. I know that is how he will throw it back at me, it's my own problem.

This was supposed to be a relaxing time for us and fun for the kids, not a reunion. Who do I tell my kids she is? Daddy's old fiance. I think it's wrong.
Wendy

Just tell the kids she was the runner-up. :lol:

Very odd that his mother would invite her though. Especially without her husband coming along. Why doesn't he ( the ex-fiance's husband) have an issue with this? How come so many people in the family don't see the problem with this arrangement? (rhetorical question)

Rip him a new one (not because of her actions...but the lack of his), and tell him to handle his ma. It's just outrageous, your mother-in-law is just wanting to be mean/ruin the vacation for you. I hope it works out for you.

Well, absolutely you have a reason to be outraged. If this were to happen in my family unit I can assure you that I would be discussing this with my Mother and doing so at the insistence of my bride. Whether I had a problem with the invitation my Mother made or not personally, if my bride has a problem with it then I have a problem. It's a gravity issue. JMHO.

Top Bottom