What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

La Veinette (blushing...). I use this mostly for intermediate, or bevel setting through intermediate before going to the Jnats.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful stone Woodash! I have always wanted one of those pink coticules.

Mac

Here is my La Grise.

She looks almost grayish with pink inclusions throughout. Depending on how I hold her, she has a really amazing holographic look.

proxy.php

La Grise bout;
proxy.php

Tiny Les Latneuses bout;
proxy.php

proxy.php

And yes, I have fully honed razors on it. It is 17mm at it's very widest.

My favorite hone, 125x30mm La Petite Blanche;
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My large La Petite Blanche;
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Whew! Nice rocks, thanks...especially that la petite blanche. Lordy! "Coughs, drools, wheezes!"
Sorry, i think i swallowed my chew, in all the excitement. :-(

Mac

Last edited:
here'sthree bouts. the thin one is a la grosse jaune. the triangular one is , i think la drassnate, the coffin shaped one is la drassante au bleu. they all hone realy nice and leave extremly smooth edge's.

To finish out my collection of Cotis from earlier. Here they are. The one to the left is an unknown i got off of Ebay last summer (7 X 1 3/4) it's a glued combo and quickly becoming my go-to coti. 2nd from the left is a 6 X 2 La Nouvelle. 3rd from the left is a 8X2 La Verte. The one in the small box is a 4X2 unknown i also got off of ebay as part of a "Machinist set of Hones" you could smell the machine shop on all of them, I had to lap that one pretty good to get the dings out of it. It is also a glued combo and a fast cutter. It was my first Coti. The large 9 3/4 X 3 1/4 BBW came with the 8X3 Coti i posted earlier. I haven't used it yet and dont know if i'll keep it. The rest is numerous Cotigura stones.

View attachment 140926

Last edited:
To finish out my collection of Cotis from earlier. Here they are. The one to the left is an unknown i got off of Ebay last summer (7 X 1 3/4) it's a glued combo and quickly becoming my go-to coti. 2nd from the left is a 6 X 2 La Nouvelle. 3rd from the left is a 8X2 La Verte. The one in the small box is a 4X2 unknown i also got off of ebay as part of a "Machinist set of Hones" you could smell the machine shop on all of them, I had to lap that one pretty good to get the dings out of it. It is also a glued combo and a fast cutter. It was my first Coti. The large 9 3/4 X 3 1/4 BBW came with the 8X3 Coti i posted earlier. I haven't used it yet and dont know if i'll keep it or not. The rest is numerous Cotigura stones.

View attachment 140926

Nice. the La Verte looks interesting.

How do you like the La Nouvelle ? I just bought one off joel and awaiting it's arrival. Wondering what I'm in for.

I just saw this post, sorry for not replying sooner. My La Nouvelle seems to be on the slow side. It produces a smooth buttery edge that i love to shave off of but does seem to be a slow cutter. Now, with that said, I work in a high heat, windy enviroment so i'm still trying to fing the hones sweet-spot because i'm adding finger loads of water each time i flip the razor so, i'm sure, this is a large reason it's a slow cutter because if the hone dries while honing the edge will revert back to a lesser degree of keenness. I'm sure you'll love it!!. Good Luck

The red blotches indicate the La Veinette? This also indicates La Dressante, though, doesn't it? How do you distinguish the two?

My La Dressante doesn't have any red in it. They are more of a even colored with "tiger stripes" in it. If you ever go to Bart's site, look at numbers 57 and 69 in the vault.

This is a La Dressante. It has some red graining for lack of a better word. I no longer have the stone so I can't show you any better. It was a sorta burnt red though.

My La Dressante doesn't have any red in it. They are more of a even colored with "tiger stripes" in it. If you ever go to Bart's site, look at numbers 57 and 69 in the vault.

Ok, I see... it's almost like a purple colored stripe, or splotch.

Top Bottom