What's new

Corn Cob Collections, What Do You Have?

I only have two pipes right now. A cheap corn cob I bought for a few bucks and then something called a Goodfellas Vinny Gorgeous wooden pipe. I'm a little worried about using that one now though since I don't know what kind of wood it's made out of, haven't gotten any emails back from the company and have heard that rosewood is super bad for you.

I do have a grab bag of Missouri Meerschaum Smokable Seconds coming in the mail and I'm excited for that. Will post a pic when they arrive.

I only have 3 cobs right now (+ a MM Ozark Mountain).

I have 2 MM Diplomats (1 bent and 1 straight), and a WBW Nose Warmer/Ichabod Crane (Churchwarden) combo.

But I just ordered a Country Gentleman and a Morgan from P&C on the IPSD special.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Other than the Freehand, MacArthur, and General; which of the MMs have the largest chamber? ie what model holds the most tobacco?

Looking at the Missouri Meerschaum website, the Great Dane, the Mark Twain have a bowl depth of 1.625". The Patriot has a cup depth of 1.75". All these pipes have a bowl diameter of 0.75", making them the "second biggest" pipes available from Missouri Meerschaum.

I was looking at those Old Dominion pipes on tobaccopipes.com
They look pretty cool...
$Old_Dominion_Pipe_Co__Laughing_King_Indian_Corn_Cob_Pipe_Left_Side_WM__72221_1409504960_1280_128.jp$Old_Dominion_Pipe_Co__Genuine_Indian_Corn_Cob_Pipe_Left_Side_WM__85869_1409506305_1280_1280.jpg$old_dominion_chesapeake_cob_pipe_left__83871_1416243142_1280_1280.jpg

$20150224_194352.jpg

So my Missouri Meerschaum grab bag arrived today. I tried to figure out what each pipe was, and I think I received 4 Legends, 4 Washingtons, 1 Country Gentleman, and 1 Diplomat.

Can't wait to fire up a bowl!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
View attachment 552033

So my Missouri Meerschaum grab bag arrived today. I tried to figure out what each pipe was, and I think I received 4 Legends, 4 Washingtons, 1 Country Gentleman, and 1 Diplomat.

Can't wait to fire up a bowl!
Great score. You've actually got 8 Legends there. Really the only differences between the Legend and the Washington are that the varnish on the Legend has a yellowish color, while the Washington's is clear, and the Legend has the amber bit, while the Washington has the black. But it's all aesthetics; they smoke exactly the same (i.e. great).

Great score. You've actually got 8 Legends there. Really the only differences between the Legend and the Washington are that the varnish on the Legend has a yellowish color, while the Washington's is clear, and the Legend has the amber bit, while the Washington has the black. But it's all aesthetics; they smoke exactly the same (i.e. great).

Ah I see. I figured because of the bent bits they were Washingtons. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was hoping to land one of those Cobbits in the mix but alas no luck.

I'm surprised that you didn't get more of a variety. Either way, they're all great smokers.

Glad to hear they're all great smokers. A little disappointed now that I found out I got 8 of the same pipe though. Do the grab bags usually have more variety?

Either way though 10 what appear to be pretty high quality pipes for 30 bucks can't be beat. I seriously couldn't find a thing wrong with some of them.

Grab bags usually have a large number of Legends, as they are their biggest seller. There is usually, one larger cob too. I think you did extremely well getting two larger cobs. Id rather have two large cobs rather than the small cobs like the Eaton, Pony Express, and Missou that often get included in the grab bags.

Keep in mind too that some of the larger (fancier?) pipes get more attention in production so they're less likely to be second quality anyway.

Top Bottom