What's new

Corn Cob Collections, What Do You Have?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Other than the standard Country Gentlemans and Legends I have a Antler shanked General made by Jake Hackert, and a MM General from ~70's, that's different than the current model.

I much prefer my briars and meers.

I am sad to report that I've but a handful of cobbs. 4 Country Gentlemen (3 bent and a straight); a huck finn straight; and a legend straight. I have found the drafts to be a bit more open than I prefer since spending some time behind a briar. Perhaps I should check around for a smaller draft stem?

This should be interesting for the Cobb Connoisseurs

Oh, I forgot to list my Huck Finn!

For the draft, Walker Briar Works stems ought to help. I just use a filter.

I have a diplomat, 2 morgan nosewarmers, and 2 of the hardwoods, with 1 WBW churchwarden stem on one of the hardwoods. I really like the nosewarmers, I'll have to check out the WBW stems for those.

Directly to the right of the Wizard stem, better pictures can be found on the MM website.

ADD - speaking of Morgans and WBW (since I kind of was)... WBW now makes the nosewarmer stems to fit the Morgans.

I was looking at the site, and they have nosewarmer stems listed, but the morgan isn't listed as a pipe shape they fit? The factory stems look like the same stems they use on the mini's, which WBW said they can't make stems for, the tenon is just too small.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I was looking at the site, and they have nosewarmer stems listed, but the morgan isn't listed as a pipe shape they fit? The factory stems look like the same stems they use on the mini's, which WBW said they can't make stems for, the tenon is just too small.
Not having a Morgan, I can't say for sure, but I believe the tenons are the same size as on the MacArthurs and other unfiltered pipes. That would be the Royal or Slim bits. Bigger than the minis, but smaller than the filtered bits.

I emailed the guy that makes them and he said that he can make the stems to fit Morgans. Check this out:

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/unfiltered_style.html

You just have to request it in your order comments.

ADD - @Kilroy - You are correct about the size (same as other unfiltered).

@Shave Rat - You can also see that the Morgan is a bit bigger than you would think. Swapped the bits on these two for comparison...

proxy.php

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Cobs are great! Here's my little collection.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424158708.789638.jpg

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424158621.948486.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424158621.948486.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 64

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
That's just a mini cob. It doesn't even have a name. They are great for quick smokes. They come in natural and varnished, and there are also mini Ozarks (the wooden ones). There's also the Shortstop, which is the same bowl, but with a long stem.

That's just a mini cob. It doesn't even have a name. They are great for quick smokes. They come in natural and varnished, and there are also mini Ozarks (the wooden ones). There's also the Shortstop, which is the same bowl, but with a long stem.

OK, I need to pick up a shortstop, and maybe a few other mini's... lol

Only the churchwarden is a Walker. The rest were from an eBay seller that doesn't seem to make this style anymore. Glad I got them when I did! I do have a couple of vulcanite Walkers, bent and straight, that I have on a pair of unsmoked Missouri Prides.. need to smoke those!

Here's my collection. Starting at the top, left to right, row by row:
My Old Faithful Legend (my first pipe), Washington, Missouri Pride
Eaton, Pony Express, Shortstop
Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer, two mini cobs (one natural, one varnished) and a mini Ozark
Diplomat, Country Gentleman, Great Dane Spool
Mark Twain, Patriot, bent Ozark
Hardwood Diplomat, hardwood Gent, straight Ozark
MacArthur 5-Star, General, classic MacArthur
On the far right is a bent Ozark with Walker stem, and on the far left is a custom-ordered churchwarden, a bent Gent with MacArthur stem.

View attachment 549509

There's still several I'd like to get. I don't have a Freehand yet, or a Morgan, or a Great Dane Spindle, and a couple of those Cobbits are definitely on my list.

This is definitely a beautiful collection my friend.
I love the Mac Arthur pipes!
I usually ONLY get the bent stem option, but now...I'm thinking about getting some straight stem pipes.
I think I'll start with the Patriot, Washington Rob Roy and Mac Arthur 5-Star.

I emailed the guy that makes them and he said that he can make the stems to fit Morgans. Check this out:

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/unfiltered_style.html

You just have to request it in your order comments.

ADD - @Kilroy - You are correct about the size (same as other unfiltered).

@Shave Rat - You can also see that the Morgan is a bit bigger than you would think. Swapped the bits on these two for comparison...

proxy.php

Nice comparison PoorBoy...and nice shirt too!
I have one just like it

I like the size of the Morgan pipes
I'll have to order a couple of those too

I've easily got a dozen smoked cobs in a haphazard rotation. For me, they work for all those single tins or samples I have to go through. I generally don't use a briar or meer unless I like the baccy in a cob first.

Top Bottom