What's new

Corn Cob Collections, What Do You Have?

I have to agree with you Blue_2
I myself have started testing out blends in cobs.
If I don't like the blend in a cob, I don't even waste time with my briars, not even my vintage ones.

Got the WBWs in the mail today. Here's the Morgan with the Nosewarmer in tortoise...

proxy.php

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
This is definitely a beautiful collection my friend.
I love the Mac Arthur pipes!
I usually ONLY get the bent stem option, but now...I'm thinking about getting some straight stem pipes.
I think I'll start with the Patriot, Washington Rob Roy and Mac Arthur 5-Star.
I'm the exact opposite. I only go for the straight stem. Something just seems wrong with a bent-stem cob to me. Not that they don't look nice; they just don't seem right, and I can't seem to buy one. The custom churchwarden is an exception, because a straight churchwarden is worse than a bent cob. I'll eventually get a Freehand too, so my rule is flexible. And the wooden cobs don't count, because they're not actually cobs.

The bent stem that came on my Ozark cherry just seemed like it was resting the bowl on my chest, so I swapped in a straight stem.

Speaking of that pipe...I was smoking it this morning while driving and smoked it too hot and I think it started burning the bowl. It smelled delicious. I want to add some cherry wood to some of my tobacco now.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The bent stem that came on my Ozark cherry just seemed like it was resting the bowl on my chest, so I swapped in a straight stem.

Speaking of that pipe...I was smoking it this morning while driving and smoked it too hot and I think it started burning the bowl. It smelled delicious. I want to add some cherry wood to some of my tobacco now.

It may smell good, but I'd be concerned about inhaling wood smoke.

Yeah... I'm not sure that's a good idea. You may increase the temperature inside the bowl to a point where it messes up the pipe.

What about if I mixed some sawdust/shavings in, though? That's what we're discussing.

If you aren't directly inhaling? While I am not sure you'd really get any positives from the experience, I wouldn't give any health concerns a second thought if it was me doing it. Those guys that spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week as hardwood BBQ pitmasters take in a massive amount more of second had wood smoke than you could manage to with some sawdust in a pipe like you suggest. I just don't think it would be advisable to the pipe,the sawdust will greatly increase the temperature on the bowl.

or you could store cherrywood cubes in your tobacco and sidestep the issue

That's an idea as well... worked for Frog Morton Cellar...

In all likelihood I'll be too lazy to actually do it, but at least it's a nice thought experiment. It sure did smell delicious. I can't say if I tasted it, I was a bit busy/stressed and not really tasting so much as just enjoying.

As for the pipe...I probably wouldn't want to try it in an irreplaceable prize-winning meerschaum, but in an Ozark or cob on the other hand...

In all likelihood I'll be too lazy to actually do it, but at least it's a nice thought experiment. It sure did smell delicious. I can't say if I tasted it, I was a bit busy/stressed and not really tasting so much as just enjoying.

As for the pipe...I probably wouldn't want to try it in an irreplaceable prize-winning meerschaum, but in an Ozark or cob on the other hand...

Course, now I want cherrywood smoked brisket... lol

I was just thinking of the Nose Warmer pipe that Poorboy has.
The only "Nose Warmer" I have is this one
$20150218_141905.jpg$20150218_141822.jpg
A very diminutive Big Ben Barbados briar.
Not a corn cob unfortunately, but still a nice little smoker.

Top Bottom