What's new

Container for Saponificio Varesino soap puck

I bought a refill puck of SV Felce Aromatica but have no bowl that it will fit in. I'm looking for a soap bowl that has an inner diameter of 3.5 inches (89mm) or slightly larger. I've read reviews that make me wary of SV's own wooden bowl as they seem to crack easily and are very expensive. Has anyone found a nice container for their SV soaps? I'm trying to avoid Ziplock and Tupperware if possible.

I had some generic aluminium containers that I have repurposed for soaps. They work great. The SV was slightly larger, so I did have to use a butter knife to trim it down to fit. The shavings now live in a plastic container in the garage and I use them for honing. They are 83x38mm (and fit a DR Harris puck perfectly).

Yes that looks nice. I'll look into aluminum containers too. Thanks for your reply sir.

I had some generic aluminium containers that I have repurposed for soaps. They work great. The SV was slightly larger, so I did have to use a butter knife to trim it down to fit. The shavings now live in a plastic container in the garage and I use them for honing. They are 83x38mm (and fit a DR Harris puck perfectly).

The empty PETG jars that Maggard's sell work. Or you can purchase one of the emtpy shave soap containers for half the price- ask for Wholly Kaw container or others that are similar in size. They fit the SV pucks just fine.

Yes that looks nice. I'll look into aluminum containers too. Thanks for your reply sir.
Dollar Tree sells some aluminum containers that work very well for soaps.. They have larger ones for full size pucks and smaller ones that work well for samples.... They are usually in the craft or school supply sections....Some have magnets on the bottom so they stack easily or stick to metal strips well....Also the bay sells some "generic" wooden bowls and at some point CBL also had bamboo bowls with lid for sell which are nice , good luck....

Thanks everyone for the information. I did have one container that is just a little too small and I decided to do what silverlifter did and shave the puck down around the outside a bit and now it fits. I didn't even butcher it too much so it even looks okay. Thanks again for all your help!

Top Bottom