What's new

Best soaps with minimal/no packaging

He said he saw it on Amazon, so I assume he was ordering from there.

Kent is out of stock on the tallow refills.
Oh, I think I was misunderstood. I know he mentioned Amazon, so I also assume he wants to order from Amazon. My remark was more to underline that if he orders directly from Kent, it will come wrapped in paper. Although, I was not aware Kent is already out of stock.

here's a soap with really minimal packaging per gram/oz!!

p160 box.jpg

He said he saw it on Amazon, so I assume he was ordering from there.

Kent is out of stock on the tallow refills. I forget if mine were shipped with any plastic packaging.

Yup- OOS from Kent - I don't need to be ordering overseas just for shaving soap. But I do want to try Kent's for sure.

I know that when ordering online, packaging is packaging. Just trying to eliminate where I can.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I think most soaps will be wrapped in some kind of plastic wrap. Some of these soaps, especially the triple milled, may sit on a retailers shelves for months if not years. Without the plastic wrap they may lose too much moisture causing them to crack, lose scent, etc.

If there’s a farmers market in your area look for the soap makers. Some of them understand that a shaving soap is not a hand soap with some kaolin clay added to it. If you find one it’s minimal packaging, no shipping trash, and your supporting a local artisan.

I think most soaps will be wrapped in some kind of plastic wrap. Some of these soaps, especially the triple milled, may sit on a retailers shelves for months if not years. Without the plastic wrap they may lose too much moisture causing them to crack, lose scent, etc.

If there’s a farmers market in your area look for the soap makers. Some of them understand that a shaving soap is not a hand soap with some kaolin clay added to it. If you find one it’s minimal packaging, no shipping trash, and your supporting a local artisan.
Always a great suggestion. And I have been visiting some. There's actually a soap maker a block from where I work that does make a puck- I'll be investigating it. She lists the ingredients as: Organic Ingredients: saponified coconut oil, castor oil, betonite clay, palm oil, raw honey, beeswax & paraben/phthalate free scent blend.

Another one to consider is Ach Brito Musgo soap from Fendrihan. They have the shaving soap and bath soap for 20 CAD. It comes wrapped in wax paper.

See video for the minimal amount of plastic used for Cyril R. Salter soap puck. I use one that I ordered from Connaught Shaving.

I can tell you the refill puck of Noble Otter Neon Sun that I ordered came in the most minimalist plastic wrap.

I've reached out to several of the makers you all mentioend- heard back from a few. FYI: Stirling uses a plastic film that biodegrades (after a couple of years). Noble Otter & Haslinger use standard cling film.

Re: Tabac refills- from WCS: The soap is in a cardboard box, wrapped in gold foil with a sticker seal.

Top Bottom