What's new

Best soaps with minimal/no packaging

Hey gang.

Part of my switch to DE shaving was part of my overall lifestyle goal to reduce plastics and waste packaging in my routines.

It was one of the deciding factor when I started with Muhle. Soap pucks I can use in a reusable bowl, no plastic in the packaging, etc.

What are your preferred soaps that come only in paper-wrapped or similar pucks? No tins, not in their own plastic containers.
As I started with Muhle, pucks that fit in the same dish would be great - though I know that finding pucks in the same dimensions might not be possible.

1690643296656.png

Their pucks are: Diameter 60 mm, 2.4 inch. I'm using the Sea Buckthorn now and it's great.

I have two, and at the rate it's going, it may well be end of year or later before I get through both :p

Oh, there's quite a few, like Haslinger, Cyril Salter Solid, DR Harris Solid, Ach. Brito, Golddachs. MWF, Tabac and Razorock What the Puck refills are usually just wrapped in a layer of paper, foil or cling-wrap. You can get Dr. Dittmar as soap flakes in a plain plastic baggie. I think Klar Seifen refills are now available in plain shrink wrap.

Last edited:
I will give a vote to Razorock pucks. They now come shrink wrapped and not in the small tubs.

I saw that Fendrihan also sells soap pucks that appear to be just wrapped and not in tubs. Have never used so cant comment on performance.

Be well
Jay

Some options for standalone pucks without jars/tins:
Mystic Water
Daveli
Mike’s
Stirling
Noble Otter
Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations
Mystic Water (shrink wrap)
Daveli (plastic wrap/bag)
Mike’s (shrink wrap)
Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations (plastic tub?)

Their scents look great but (being really fussy) I am wanting to avoid plastics/wraps etc. Thanks!

That's going to make things really difficult! I think shrink wrap is what the makers use so they don't need a hard plastic container.

I guess you could try making your own shaving soap, but then, the ingredients usually come in plastic bottles and jars...hmmm.

Kent' is available on Amazon!
If so, it will likely arrive in double plastic anyways. Plastic is almost unavoidable if it's getting shipped.

This just arrived for my son. Proraso Metal Tube in cardboard box, no original plastic.

PXL_20230729_202233944.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom