What's new

Comparing Timeless and Charcoal Goods?

I’ve shaved with CG and Timeless and the CG shaves have been a little smoother and efficient. I will say though that the looks of a Timeless can’t be beat.

i have the CG level 1 and Timeless TI 68, both give me the exceptional shave. its like choosing to drive a bmw M4 or a mercedes c36 amg. my next razor is gonna be the appolo helix and a tatara razor with a mix of the nodachi cap and the masamune base plate, which will be a nutural blade exposure.

A Timeless .95 scb in polished SS was my first quality DE. I used it strictly for a few months and received many good shaves with it. Eventually I moved on to a blackbird, and the timeless couldn't keep up so I sold it. I received a CG lvl 2 in SS a few days ago and had my first shave this morning. It was very good! I need a few more shaves before I get a solid opinion. Compared to the timeless it was lighter and more maneuverable. For that reason, I had an easier time shaving XTG and ATG. Fit and finish is top tier as expected. The blade is not clamped as well as in the timeless, but that has never been an issue for me. Geometry of the head must make up for it somehow. Both beautiful razors! View attachment 1074810View attachment 1074813View attachment 1074811View attachment 1074812

how do you feel the blackbird shave differs from the lvl 2?

I have a Timeless Ti .68 and .95, and a Charcoal Goods Level 2. I like everything about the CG Level 2 a little better than the two Timeless razors - the smoothness, the aesthetics, the efficiency, the maneuverability. All three are great razors, but I give the CG an edge, I love that razor. Obviously, this is all subjective, but that's where I have come out at the moment.

Top Bottom