What's new

Combating Wu Flu boredom

I'm able to work from home if I'm doing office stuff.

But, if I have to go into the field, then that's okay, too. The only thing out in the wilderness is bears and moose. We've been practicing "social distancing" with them for decades.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Being in my 70s with a history of pneumonias, I guess I'm squarely at risk during the current festivities. That means acting my age, I suppose--something I'm not fully prepared to do. For the first time in my life, though, I'm not sure if I can muster enough grit to prevail.

No matter, . .

Still shaving regularly despite not knocking about town. Nothing is more depressing than gray stubble.

Hitting the all-night supermarket in the wee hours to avoid crowds in my search for bumfodder.

Besides getting calluses on said bum from too much general sitting around, I'm finally getting around to doctoring a script treatment for a producer friend.

Figure I'll also get a whole bunch of shoes shined up nicely.

Managing to avoid getting back on the Air Attack bike. Don't want to see a digital display of how de-conditioned I've become over a sedentary winter. Nonetheless, now that the weather has warmed, I am resuming daily, hilly hikes. (I noticed they made the hills higher and steeper over the winter.)

Then, there's my piano. Will I ever be able to teach myself to play? Guess I should dust it off and find out.

Plus, there's always spring cleaning, which to me is a fate worse than any silly, life-threatening virus.

Being fully retired, I don't have to worry about income earning work. Around our house, I have several 'fix-up' chores inside and outside to keep me busy. Further, I am still able to work on the Habitat for Humanity rehab / fixup of a home here in Wylie, Texas. Most of my Habitat teammates are older than I am (68) and in good health so we will take it one day at a time.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
As an elder law attorney, I am busier then ever. Add that to a 6-year old daughter and a 14-week old puppy, and boredom is simply not an option for me.

Sleep later than usual. Then....
Yahtzee, Farkle, SiriusXM, plenty of books and other things to read.
Razors to hone, guns to clean...before you know it, time for bed.

We live a few miles from the local epicenter of the virus here! So we stick around the house and are practicing ‘social distancing.’

That means lots of time for a ‘Sunday shave’ every day!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stay safe up there BigJ!

I’ve been actively trying to talk my wife into me purchasing a nice pellet smoker. Large expenditures during uncertain times aren’t always ideal, but someone’s got to keep the economy rolling some how, some way. Assuming I can actually find meat at the store the next few months, I foresee a lot of grilling/smoking ahead! Alas, if I don’t win, I still have my old trusty charcoal grill and smoker to get me by.

Work from home which is keeping me ticking over, but I can see a quiet period coming up which will force............. me to do some peddling in the middle of know where with just my self my Giant Defy bike and plenty of fresh air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working from home is great idea!

6F5FCC7D-7238-4461-9273-F8E0AB7CCD8F.jpeg

I now shave my thick whiskers every three days, super close and comfortable with my Feather AC RG razor. This also gives my skin time to normalize nicely.

Me and my wife went for a walk, then made a fire pit fire tonight.
I made another twist up shave stick, this time with Wilkinson shave stick.

If it starts chewing the legs off a coffee table or something, a little Tabasco sauce goes a long way. ;)

Unless of course its a Labrador and ends up not caring or liking it lol.
I can honestly say that I thought you were suggesting something else at first when suggesting the Tabasco sauce, then I read the second half of your post.

I once made a pepper spray using what was essentially capsaicin oil to spray on my couch to keep the young cats I had at the time from scratching it.
It worked quite well! So well in fact that I wouldn't go near it for a few days because my sinuses would immediately start flowing and I'd have a coughing fit. My wife was not pleased with me!

Top Bottom