What's new

Combating Wu Flu boredom

Being a good citizen, or a paranoid one, I'm avoiding unwarranted outings. That's making me appreciate a nice slow shave. Take time to smell the coffee as they say. So I had a thought. What's better than a nice slow shave? Why, two nice slow shaves of course. I'm thinking that I could dig out the most inefficient razor I have and giving myself the kind of shave that has to be repeated in 12 hours. :thumbup:

Just a thought.

How are people that can kill time killing time?

Home office is nice and all in theory, but in practice there are enough small troubles and inefficencies that I need 10h to do 8h's worth of work. The time saved by not commuting is actually not saved at all because I commute by bicycle and that's critical for my physical and mental health so in the end I am riding as much as before.

I am really not bored.

I've self isolated because of being in some high risk categories. Fortunately obsessively collecting books and video games is now paying dividends. It would take years for me to run out of stuff to distract myself with. I'm a PhD student, so I was already used to spending 90% of my time reading books anyway.

Home office is nice and all in theory, but in practice there are enough small troubles and inefficencies that I need 10h to do 8h's worth of work. The time saved by not commuting is actually not saved at all because I commute by bicycle and that's critical for my physical and mental health so in the end I am riding as much as before.

I am really not bored.
This is me. Everybody seems to love working remotely. I don't. I like to keep work and home separate. I also like being able to get out of the house every day. But alas, for the foreseeable future, I'm stuck working from home.

I’m hoping the roads will be quieter, working from home is not an option unless my bosses allow me to take the radar, landing systems and beacon home
So.... latency's a ***** when you have a stack of 10 high on four-minute centers and 10 more already coming to the outer markers? Someday that's not going to be a problem for remotes.

(I have no clue, but thinking about parallel endeavors at least passed the last 60 seconds!)

Getting some building stuf just in case we get a complete shutdown I can do some stuff around the house.

Today they announced all food and beverages to be closed so we got a nice Dutch row in front of the coffee shop...

But we are not yet closed and tons of stuff to do around the house

Attachments

• 58F9D59B-B1BE-4F97-8626-3AD476766361.jpeg
    58F9D59B-B1BE-4F97-8626-3AD476766361.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 62
I'm decluttering and organizing my garage. Once that's done, I'm going build a couple .625 caliber blowguns with darts, and a couple handmade slingshots. I can set up targets in my yard and be entertained.
I also have plenty of activities to do with my daughter, video games to play, and books to read.
No worries of boredom here!

I work in retail and it's been extremely busy this past week. We haven't shut down and there's been plenty of overtime. Fortunately things calmed down a little today and I have the next couple days off. I should have a nice relaxing shave tomorrow.

Ive been playing a lot of FIFA on the Playstation. If I cant watch soccer, at least I still have FIFA.
Ive also been enjoying watching Shell's Wonderful World Of Golf on Golf Channel. For those who dont know, Shell's WWOG was a TV special that ran for 50 years that had match play between 2 famous golfers.

When I found out yesterday that my activities for today were all canceled,I bought a big pork shoulder roast. I let that sit on the barbecue all day, while doing laundry and planning a fix of the back fence. Tough times, except for the delicious dinner and the unexpected leisure.

I've got a stock of books to read when I'm not working and a long list of things to watch int the Netflix queue. Suffice to say I won't be bored.

I should do a bunch of reloading for my neglected firearms that haven't seen much daylight recently, but I'll probably just end up doing more alpine ski touring, ice climbing, xc skiing, and taking the dogs on longer hikes. I live pretty remotely in a small community so if I just make a point of not going shopping here and there out of town on the weekends I should be helping minimize my contact with other people.

Top Bottom