What's new

Colonel Conk in Fredericksburg!!!!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I haven't bought a Colonel Conk shave soap in a few years. Today while visiting a cigar shop in historic Fredericksburg, Virginia I saw a straight razor in the display counter and asked what else they had. I ended up leaving with some cigars and a puck of Conk almond shave soap. It made my day.

Well tell us where you went!!

You are so close to your mecca, Shop Londons in Charlottesville, it's scary!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Well tell us where you went!!

You are so close to your mecca, Shop Londons in Charlottesville, it's scary!

I'm at my sister's in Stafford. I'll have to see if I can work in a trip to Charlottesville.

I work in Fredericksburg, very near old town. What's the place? I'm working Friday, but I'd love to know the store so I can check it out some time.

It's London's in Charlottesville--we got a little off topic. They have an incredible selection.

And if you are in Stafford, you will kick your self for not going there, when you get back to where came from, where ever that was.

It's just over an hour and 45 minutes to C'ville....and gas is cheap now.

What is the hold up?

It's London's in Charlottesville--we got a little off topic. They have an incredible selection.

Yeah, I know about that place from reading here. I was hoping the OP would remember the name of the Cigar store in F'Burg. I don't get to Charlottesville very often.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
And if you are in Stafford, you will kick your self for not going there, when you get back to where came from, where ever that was.

It's just over an hour and 45 minutes to C'ville....and gas is cheap now.

What is the hold up?

The hold up is that my sister has cancer pretty bad and I'm not sure how much time I can spend on my own. She has to go in for some work on Friday. Maybe I can swing it, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I know about that place from reading here. I was hoping the OP would remember the name of the Cigar store in F'Burg. I don't get to Charlottesville very often.

I was afraid someone would ask this. I was returning a carpet cleaning machine to the American Floor Service on Wolfe street, then went down a few blocks, turned left and parked the car. When I got out of the car the cigar shop was right across the street. The guy had to go upstairs to get the soap, so you have to ask for it.

The hold up is that my sister has cancer pretty bad and I'm not sure how much time I can spend on my own. She has to go in for some work on Friday. Maybe I can swing it, but I'm not sure.

I was afraid someone would ask this. I was returning a carpet cleaning machine to the American Floor Service on Wolfe street, then went down a few blocks, turned left and parked the car. When I got out of the car the cigar shop was right across the street. The guy had to go upstairs to get the soap, so you have to ask for it.

OK, I gotcha. Probably down by the river. I'm sure I can find it. Prayers to your sister as well. Happy New Year.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I think I'm going in the morning (~10 or 11), I need to do other things later afternoon. Let me know if you go, too.

So how was it?

My sister had to go to Walter Reed today and I had to stay here to wait for oxygen to be delivered.

Top Bottom