What's new

Collection tread??

I think this board needs a collection thread.....
So if you guys have your DE collections photoed please posted em...
If thee is already a thread with a photo laden collection post please lead me i that direction....Russell

This seems like as good a place as any. The Shave Den thread, while massive and cool, is inclusive of the entire package, soaps, creams, brushes, straights, etc. etc. etc.

One for Safety Razors seems appropriate for this Forum. Besides, I had promised a Member I'd post pics following the "Month of RAD", when I began my collection. My first DE was delivered Sept. 1st, and the buying binge started on Sept. 2nd. Thing is, I'd intended to go full tilt for a month, then ease up. Instead, I stepped to the next level, spending serious money on various pieces, looking to upgrade, obtain and compile cased sets, you know the drill. Took these shots then, but never got around to posting them.

So these pics don't represent my current collection at all. They were taken in the first week of Oct. and represent only razors ordered and paid for in Sept. A few I think were delivered in Oct. but I counted them as they were purchased in that first month (only one that wasn't was the Merkur 1904 that was ordered in August and delivered Sept. 1st). Missing here are one of my 40's Super Speeds (was hiding in a closet :biggrin:) and many of my oldest, best/most interesting and expensive pieces (some of which are still being delivered daily! :w00t:). The count at this time was around 57 IIRC, I think it's about 100 now (have 8 or 9 still to be delivered). And yes, I really am going to slow down very soon! :tongue:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I really need to get some shelves and try to organize or group them a little better....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Dude, you've been saying this for how long now?!?!?! :lol:

A little over a month. :001_smile But I've only been collection for just over two months!

Second Double Ring (red lined case) got here today (it is sweet!), third due in about a week (thank you very much again for the heads up!). Picked up a reasonable shape Toggle (no case) today for a reasonable price, really I'm not lacking that much that I want for the collection (the specific Super Speeds at transition times being one of the biggies, and those won't cost an arm or a leg). Really, I've got more than I can use now. I have 8 or 9 pieces that are over 100 years old. A couple of those are inbound lather catchers, one I think may only take wedge blades. I need things like a strop and hone plate for a Rolls (I know where there is a perfect set, though missing the handle- which I have, so I may just buy that one!).

There are other specifics I'll round out with, but the urgency is gone. I need a couple of Silver New Improved models for cases I have (Bostonian and Richwood). But I've got like a zillion Techs that I'll sell a bunch of (okay, maybe 8-10) and some dupes in GEM's and Super Speeds will probably go. An Old Type or two, possibly a New here or there.... I'll pare it down a bit!
Nice shots T Rick!
Thanks!

Criminy, a *hundred* in two months??? :117: My SWMBO would make a wall hanging out of me.

Maybe that's why I'm single (and that can be taken at least two ways :biggrin:). Either I'm single so I can do what I want, or I'm single because I do what I want... Either way, like razors, they're makin' more of 'em every day! (Not at all intended to belittle the relationships any of you are in, this is just my own cynical view of my own corner of the Universe).

Top Bottom