What's new

Clubman Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic

Update,...

Well, I finally received Clubman Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic.

It is a very hard scent to describe. It's not something I like. No offense to those who enjoy it, it's just not for me. I guess every nose is different.

I really like the following:

1. Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic.
2. Pinaud Clubman Hair Tonic.
3. Pinaud Clubman Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic.

I will give Jeris Hair Tonic (without oil) a try. Any one with experience with the Jeris?

Thanks.

Is there a difference in the texture / feel of the products you listed?
Are any of them thicker than the other?

Well, I tried Jeris Hair Tonic.

Didn't really care for it. The scent is too powdery for me.

Guess I will just stick with my favorite 3.

Update,...

Well, I finally received Clubman Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic.

It is a very hard scent to describe. It's not something I like. No offense to those who enjoy it, it's just not for me. I guess every nose is different.

I really like the following:

1. Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic.
2. Pinaud Clubman Hair Tonic.
3. Pinaud Clubman Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic.

I will give Jeris Hair Tonic (without oil) a try. Any one with experience with the Jeris?

Thanks.

I am slowly working my way through a bottle of Jerris. It is definitely an OK product.

Must say that I prefer Lucky Tiger, likely because it contains oil while Jerris does not.

I am slowly working my way through a bottle of Jerris. It is definitely an OK product.

Must say that I prefer Lucky Tiger, likely because it contains oil while Jerris does not.
Jeris (note spelling) Hair Tonic makes two versions - one "with oil" and one without. The latter version is much more common and is often the one used in barbershops now. But to me, it's really just a green-coloured scented water. There's very-little-to-no-hold when it's used. The version "with oil" is the kind I use and I find it much better as it's much more like a traditional hair tonic. This version used to be what you'd get in the barbershops. You just have to look at the labels carefully when buying - they're almost identically packaged

Jeris (note spelling) Hair Tonic makes two versions - one "with oil" and one without. The latter version is much more common and is often the one used in barbershops now. But to me, it's really just a green-coloured scented water. There's very-little-to-no-hold when it's used. The version "with oil" is the kind I use and I find it much better as it's much more like a traditional hair tonic. This version used to be what you'd get in the barbershops. You just have to look at the labels carefully when buying - they're almost identically packaged

Thanks for the clarification!! I was unaware that there was a Jeris with oil.

I second that; Oil is the way to go for Jeris. I had the non-oil version, and It was like dirty water that made my hair look bad. The Jeris with Oil makes my hair shine like mad!

The scent of Eau de Quinine strikes me as midway between flowery and woodsy. It can overwhelm, and should be used very sparingly. I wear my hair short, and a few drops does seem to provide a modest hold.

Ed Quinine is a sweeter rose scent. Great for an aftershave. Try it with a rose soap or cream. Ed Portugal works great as a splash as well, especially if you are using an edt. The orange peel scent is very fleeting.

Top Bottom