What's new

Christmas music I hate.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks? to @Raissermesser I thought up this thread. Please feel free to post. No need to justify. I have several. My first:

Sir Paul McCarthy, "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" .... I think that's the title.

I have no idea what bothers me so much about that song.

Perhaps the fact that the guy who wrote "Troubles" should be able to write a better Christmas song.

You know his song "Troubles" right?

Goes like this: "yesterday, all my TROUBLES seemed so far away..."

Thanks? to @Raissermesser I thought up this thread. Please feel free to post. No need to justify. I have several. My first:

Sir Paul McCarthy, "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" .... I think that's the title.

Perhaps the fact that the guy who wrote "Troubles" should be able to write a better Christmas song.

Good one, "Yesterday" was a great song. The one I dislike, is "Carol of the Bells."

My least favorite Christmas song is Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses. Any song by the Waitresses is like listening to nails on a blackboard.

I heard a great conspiracy theory about Sir Paul's song from the OP (simply having) that it's about a wiccan ritual interrupted and they try to play it off that they're just celebrating Christmas:
(preparing for a human sacrifice section)
The moon is right
The spirits up
We're here tonight
And that's enough
(someone not in the coven enters the room)
Simply having a wonderful Christmastime

I have a good reason to hate that song. Quite a few years ago I was in Chicago when a tremendous snowstorm hit. I was staying at the downtown Marriott Hotel and it was a few days before Christmas. O'Hare airport was closed and my stay was extended by four days. For four days they constantly played that song. They played that song at least 50 times a day sometimes repeating it. The hotel had a skeleton crew since many peoples could not get to work. The restaurant menu was very abbreviated and the weather was so bad the few guests who were stuck in the hotel had to rely on hotel food. Every time I hear that song it brings back those horrible memories.

It's hard to choose which I hate the most but the Macca one is probably the one I hate the most, but then I pretty much hate everything he's ever done. I cannot believe he's still touring, why anyone would pay good money to listen to his off-key twaddle is beyond me.

The Mariah Carey one is also awful, and I particularly hate Walking In A Winter Wonderland - I know it was of its time but what kind of mind wrote those lyrics?

Roll on January.

Top Bottom